Official Review: Shadow of the Raven" by Millie Thom

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
LINA M-EMBER AMA
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lina-m-ember-ama.html
Latest Review: "Lemoncella Cocktail" by Rene Natan

Re: Official Review: Shadow of the Raven" by Millie Thom

Post by LINA M-EMBER AMA »

Seems like an interesting piece. The review is splendid. I also love historical fiction especially one that is well crafted. I would also love the chance to read this book.yes.
Latest Review: "Lemoncella Cocktail" by Rene Natan
BoyLazy
Currently Reading: Temptation Trials Part II
Bookshelf Size: 122
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-boylazy.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 2 by H.M. Irwing

Post by BoyLazy »

LINA M-EMBER AMA wrote:Seems like an interesting piece. The review is splendid. I also love historical fiction especially one that is well crafted. I would also love the chance to read this book.yes.
This book has lot of research done and detailing of the historic elements are good. You'll love it.
Boy Lazy
Reviewer | Blogger | Influencer

Vivian Paschal
Favorite Author: John Grisham
Currently Reading: Southern Cross
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vivian-paschal.html
Latest Review: What is priest Nation, The Seed, and the H5G by Herbert Scholes
fav_author_id: 2455

Post by Vivian Paschal »

Seems very interesting for a historical fiction. I like that it has originality and it will most likely be a good book to rad. Thanks for this review.
mercy wangechi
Currently Reading: Escape
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by mercy wangechi »

This is a great review. i have read the book too and i liked it a lot. it is a well researched historical fiction novel and its full of action and adventure. The fact that it is set in the 9th Century, it attracts the reader into the era of Vikings.The theme of betrayal and revenge is revealed. Thanks to the author.
FDKangwamu
Currently Reading: How To Talk With Spirits: Séances • Mediums • Ghost Hunts
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fdkangwamu.html
Latest Review: "Puffy and the Formidable Foe" by Marie Lepkowski and Ann Marie Hannon

Post by FDKangwamu »

This is a really great review that gives you the gist of the book. I've just gotten it on Amazon and I can feel its going to be a great read. I'd like to really know what the story behind Aethowulf (not sure of the spelling :lol: ) from Essex is.
Cant wait to read it!!
Latest Review: "Puffy and the Formidable Foe" by Marie Lepkowski and Ann Marie Hannon
Mikimo
Currently Reading: Bad Choices Make Good Stories
Bookshelf Size: 31

Post by Mikimo »

This sounds a good story to read which is full of twist and actions from the characters. Thank you for this review.
Amaehie Stanley
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Amaehie Stanley »

Let me just say, I LOVE this book! I cannot wait until the second one is available as this one ends on somewhat of a cliffhanger, in my opinion. Not so much as to be annoying but enough that you definitely want to read the second one. I am a huge fan of historical fiction and Shadow of the Raven delivers on every level!
miriam9

Post by miriam9 »

I love it its really nice book have learnt a lot from it same to my husband who has read and enjoyed it keep up.
patience Skylet

Post by patience Skylet »

Shadow of the raven by Millie Thom is a book that I can't miss for anything. I love historical fiction books and movies because it is adventurous and takes one imaginations.well done
Oliver Ekaso
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oliver-ekaso.html
Latest Review: "My Trip To Adele" by R.I.Alyaseer and A. I Alyaseer

Post by Oliver Ekaso »

Thanks for the review, it is very brilliant. One can easily see that you thoroughly enjoyed the book. May be a book as interesting as this should not have ended with a cliffhanger. Personally I also love historical fiction novels, more especially the movies.
Latest Review: "My Trip To Adele" by R.I.Alyaseer and A. I Alyaseer
amemanuel

Post by amemanuel »

it made me like historic books like this book thanks
Anjum
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anjum.html
Latest Review: "The Elf Brief" by Jordan David

Post by Anjum »

I have read only a few books belonging to this genre but I didn't like them much. However, after reading your review, I can feel the excitement that you have felt and I am definitely gonna try this one.
Latest Review: "The Elf Brief" by Jordan David
TIGER999
Currently Reading: The Haunting of Winchester Mansion Omnibus
Bookshelf Size: 146

Post by TIGER999 »

Not much for fantastical historical fiction, or series...but for fans of this genre, this looks like an exciting read in the Vikings era. Thanks for a fun review!
versatileer
Favorite Book: Serial K Returns
Currently Reading: Blood and Roses
Bookshelf Size: 338

Post by versatileer »

In this daunting and action packed historical-fiction book about 9th century Vikings, and a history is exposed in Shadow of the Raven by Millie Thom. The book has a 4 out of 4 stars rating.
Insomniac07
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 62
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-insomniac07.html
Latest Review: Niching Up by Chris Dreyer

Post by Insomniac07 »

Sounds like a very interesting historical fiction. I wouldn't have normally picked it up, but the your review was highly persuasive. Can't wait to give it a shot now.

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”