Review of Cynthia and Dan

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Douch 911
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-douch-911.html
Latest Review: The Maestro Monologue by Rob White

Review of Cynthia and Dan

Post by Douch 911 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Cynthia and Dan" by Dorothy May Mercer.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Cynthia and Dan: Cyber War is a non-fiction book written by Dorothy May Mercer. Terrorism has spread around the world like a virus. Cynthia still had to deal with her many relationships while trying to do her best to help her country battle terrorism. Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer is a must-read for everyone who wants to be entertained while also learning something new. Cynthia Patterson has been in a relationship with Dan for a long time. Dan was someone she adored. Their relationship, however, lacked a certain spark. Dan seemed to be in a one-sided relationship with her. The day a drone crashed inside the White House, their relationship took a knock. Cynthia Patterson met Sky while trying to go to safety. They lit a romantic fire between them. Cynthia Patterson now needs to cope with two problems. The first is figuring out how she feels about Dan and Sky. The second is to figure out what caused the drone to crash inside the White House. She assembled a team to investigate this and other acts of terrorism.

This is a traditional page-turner. I was kicking myself for not agreeing to evaluate this book sooner. I had to read a book twice for the first time just to get a second dosage of the joy. This book is fascinating, engrossing, exhilarating, and educational. It held my attention from beginning to end. I liked how the love tale and the intelligence narrative were intertwined. For her writing style, I award it to Dorothy May Mercer. This book has excellent character development. The author did an excellent job of making the characters' roles believable and distinct.

The personalities exhibited by each of the characters were easy to figure out. Cynthia Patterson came up with the concept. Glenn, her brother, was the mastermind behind the plan. Tim and Garth were computer nerds who liked to run command prompts and other computer-related tasks. Sky was a doer who knew exactly what he wanted and went after it. Dan was an insecure lover, so it was fantastic to watch how these characters came to life to make this novel worthwhile to read, and this is what I liked best about Cynthia and Dan: Cyber War

Despite being a fictitious story, there were some research elements that gave this book a lot of depth. Terrorists' actions and methods of operation were well-represented in the plot. Even the computer nerds' hacking operations were accurately described. Aside from the thrills and excitement, there was credible information that taught me new concepts. In fact, after reading this book, I gained a better grasp of cyber attacks and terrorist actions.

There was nothing about this book that I didn't like. There were no grammatical problems in the book because it was professionally edited. I give Cynthia and Dan: Cyber War by Dorothy May Mercer four out of four stars. I would recommend this book to anyone who like romance novels or books about the internet.

Cynthia and Dan
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”