Review of Cynthia and Dan

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Kim Jek
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kim-jek.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Review of Cynthia and Dan

Post by Kim Jek »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Cynthia and Dan" by Dorothy May Mercer.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Cynthia Patterson is a beautiful lady who loves her job as chief of security, investigator, and bodyguard of Senator Mike. Cynthia has also decided to take on terrorist organizations. She plans to wage war with these organizations using the very latest high-tech methods and equipment. Glenn Patterson, Cynthia's brother, has a secret cyber room fully equipped with powerful equipment from all over the world. Also, two young computer geniuses, Tim and Garth, were recruited to help Cynthia. Tim and Garth worked round the clock to combat powerful terrorist organizations.

On the other hand, Cynthia's life was not perfect. Her relationship with Sergeant Dan MacIntyre had deteriorated. Dan is no longer romantic, and he is not ready for any further commitment. Accidentally, Cynthia met Sky Eastman, who fell in love with her at their first meeting. Sky is willing and ready to marry Cynthia. However, Cynthia knows very little about Sky. All efforts to obtain information about him proved abortive. Is Sky a terrorist? What if he is trying to get to Cynthia's boss through her? What will Cynthia do? Will she settle for Dan or risk marrying Sky? Find out the answers to these questions as you read Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer.

I love how this book addresses important topics like terrorism, dating, and abortion. These subjects broaden the scope of the book and make it appropriate for a wide range of readers. I also love how the narrative shifts intermittently from one subject to another. It made the book suspenseful, as I was always looking forward to when the author will return to my subject of interest. I was especially interested in the romantic aspect of the story. I love how the author orchestrated a situation that led to an unwanted pregnancy. This part of the story also subtly highlights the main purpose of dating.

I appreciate how the author showed consideration for sensitive readers. She clearly indicated the part of the book that contains erotic activities. This will allow sensitive readers to skip this part and continue to enjoy the story. I also noticed that the author did not waste time dwelling on unnecessary details. Therefore, the story did not drag at any point.

What I love most about this book is the numerous moral lessons in the story. Tim and Garth love their job, and this made them efficient. Also, they were eager to use their skill to help others. Youths can learn how to enjoy their jobs and be useful to the community. I have no dislike about this book. It is professionally edited. I rate it 4 out of 4 stars. Readers who love to read about romance mixed with cyberwar will enjoy reading this book.

Cynthia and Dan
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Timothee22
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Author: David Schwarzkopf
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 58
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-timothee22.html
Latest Review: E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer
fav_author_id: 248826

Post by Timothee22 »

This book is not for children, but it is a good read for adults. It was not the creme de la creme, but it was something worthwhile.
Lily_flower_the_reader
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lily-flower-the-reader.html
Latest Review: Play Golf Better Faster: From Weekend Golfer to Pro Golfer in Two Years by Kalliope Barlis

Post by Lily_flower_the_reader »

I enjoyed reading your summary and i also agree on the topics being addressed well. I also loved the fact that you mentioned that you learnt a lot of lessons from the book. Well done

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”