Review of Cynthia and Dan

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Hariaty Douglas
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hariaty-douglas.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Review of Cynthia and Dan

Post by Hariaty Douglas »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Cynthia and Dan" by Dorothy May Mercer.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Dorothy May Mercer has written several novels. In these novels, I noticed that her plots consistently follow a pattern of love and war. This fact means that her stories have serious conflicts between Americans and their enemies. These stories also have the fluff that comes with romance and relationships. Cynthia and Dan: Cyber War exhibited the same consistency. In Cynthia and Dan: Cyber War, I saw Cynthia battle terrorists. Forced to fight, her team must work actively to protect their president from the terror attacks they had predicted. Drones seemed to be in fashion at the time. They had to figure out how to fight this new and swift technology. Cynthia must also decide which way her relationship with Dan will go. Of course, she does not control her heart, but she must let her head choose what is right.

Cynthia and Dan: Cyber War is a book that I believe both romantics and geeks or nerds should read. As a geek who has loved computers for a long time, Cynthia's team was living my dream. The escapades they had and the adventures they were fortunate to go on have always been a dream of mine. I also like the romantic stuff that Dorothy May Mercer added, true to her character.

Although I did not dislike anything in Cynthia and Dan: Cyber War, one of the things that I liked a lot was the smooth transition from romance to war and back to romance. This love story, peppered with the possibility of a terrorist attack, was a recipe for a wonderful novel. 

Another thing that I liked was the steady thoughts that ran through Cynthia's mind. The times she was torn between love and lust for two different men were fascinating. The author showed Cynthia's raw emotions for all to see. As much as that was sad or disturbing, it was still beautiful.

You may be wondering what I liked the most in this geeky book. That would be the core geeky side of it. As a nerd who cannot fathom the extinction of computers, I liked the magic that was created using this tool. The way Cynthia's team handled their computers and all their components was beautiful. The things they did with them were even more beautiful. The hacks, cracks, and smashes made with lines of code showed me the damage a knowledgeable computer geek can cause with just a laptop. It also showed me the wonderful things one can create with that tool.

I have said that I did not dislike or hate anything in the book. For all that it's worth, I say that Dorothy May Mercer did it again. She held my heart captive in her soft hands. She showed me things that could be. This book helped me understand what pleasure was.

Finally, I did not see any errors in Cynthia and Dan: Cyber War. It was edited exceptionally. Dorothy May Mercer ensured that her book was perfect. Because I did not dislike anything, I rate it 4 out of 4 stars. I recommend it to computer romantics. You will not be wrong to read this if you like cyberwar and rocky relationships.

Cynthia and Dan
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”