Review of Falling Toward Redemption

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
JM Reviews
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 164
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jm-reviews.html
Latest Review: The House of Spark by Luminita Laflash
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
2022 Reading Goal: 150
2022 Goal Completion: 16%

Review of Falling Toward Redemption

Post by JM Reviews »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Falling Toward Redemption" by B.D.Vannoy.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Living a Christian life means living like a renewed human being; you constantly expect the final redemption. To paraphrase the Bible, we all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of the Lord, but when we repent, his grace and mercy still follow us. Our God forgives and loves his creation. Falling Toward Redemption by B.D. Vannoy is a fictional novel about redemption and God's love for his creation.

Queen Alequora, the queen of Atlantis, wants her superiority recognized. Like a god, she wants to be worshipped. This is because of the influence of her friend, Lilith, who is very evil. Anyone who refuses to bow down to her gets killed instantly. God sends the archangel, Chamuel, to go and warn her against her actions and the consequences that her actions will cause if she doesn't repent. She, however, refuses to listen. Chamuel destroys the whole of Atlantis, including the people who had not sinned and still believed in the one true God. This is not what God ordered. Therefore, as a punishment, God condemns the archangel, Chamuel, to live as a mortal being for one thousand years. As a mortal being, he would experience different lives. Each life will teach him different lessons. This will help him learn to appreciate God's creation.

This book contains two hundred and ninety-three pages. It is divided into thirty-six chapters. Each chapter has a subheading. Some parts of the book are written from the first-person point of view, while others are written from the third-person point of view. The book uses both the present and past tenses.

There are several things I liked about the book. First, the book has an interesting plot with several suspenseful scenes. These scenes kept me glued to the book. For example, I was eager to know the kind of punishment God planned for Chamuel. I was also curious to find out the missions God prepared for Chamuel and whether he'll eventually succeed in them. Second, the author's use of flashbacks helped a lot in developing an interesting plot. It also gave information about some characters, enabling me to understand them better. For example, when Mama and Misha told Chamuel how Sera and Drake were born and the circumstances of their birth. Since I only found two grammatical errors while reading, this book seems to have been professionally edited.

In conclusion, this is an interesting book. Although it talks about God, the storyline is independent of the Biblical stories and can be enjoyed by everyone, including those who haven't read the Bible. Although I found a few grammatical errors, they didn't affect my enjoyment of the book. I, therefore, rate this book four out of four stars. I recommend it to Christians who may have fallen out of the righteous ways as this book will encourage them that God is willing to take them back as long as they repent. Anyone who enjoys fictional novels based on a supreme being may also enjoy reading this book.

Falling Toward Redemption
View: on Bookshelves
No battle is ever won; they are not even fought. The field only reveals to man his own folly and
despair, and victory is an illusion of philosophers and fools.
:D

~ William Faulkner
Korie ifeoma chisom
Favorite Book: How to Survive the Coming Retirement Storm
Currently Reading: TBD August 2022 Book of the Month
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-korie-ifeoma-chisom.html
Latest Review: The Truth Is Beyond Belief! by Jerry Durr

Post by Korie ifeoma chisom »

It is an awesome feeling to always have second chances, correcting our errors. This makes perfection an attainable goal. An awesome review there I must add.
Amenrodion
Currently Reading: Fates Sweet Passion
Bookshelf Size: 54
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amenrodion.html
Latest Review: Can I Be Frank? by Rob Wyatt

Post by Amenrodion »

Hmm, interesting plot
Apple 7
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-apple-7.html
Latest Review: The MECE Muse by Christie Lindor

Post by Apple 7 »

Repentance has its means of conveyance to various personalities, am sure relating to this topic and being independent of biblical stories while being relatable is very interesting. The archangels circumstances is very straightforward and also emphasizes the point of the book....thanks for the review
Raymond N
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 73
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-raymond-n.html
Latest Review: Ripcord Recovery by T.T. Sawyer
2022 Reading Goal: 100
2022 Goal Completion: 54%

Post by Raymond N »

I appreciate faith-based books that contain inclusive stories. Thanks for the review.
nerdychikka
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nerdychikka.html
Latest Review: Why Can't Johnny Just Quit? by Kyle Oh
2022 Reading Goal: 100
2022 Goal Completion: 13%

Post by nerdychikka »

As a Christian, this book represents redemption, God's unwavering love for us, and how forgiving He is. It is truly unfathomable.
ChampagneSon
Currently Reading: Why Can't Johnny Just Quit?
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-champagneson.html
Latest Review: The Maestro Monologue by Rob White
2022 Reading Goal: 20
2022 Goal Completion: 35%

Post by ChampagneSon »

As a fellow believer, Books about God are always a worthwhile read. Thank you for the review.
rabi rai
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by rabi rai »

Iam Christian and this book really is an inspiration toward all of us. About how we can redeem ourselves, blessed from reading this. God bless you all

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”