Review of Cynthia and Dan

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
AndreeaG
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-andreeag.html
Latest Review: Gringo by Dan "Tito" Davis

Review of Cynthia and Dan

Post by AndreeaG »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Cynthia and Dan" by Dorothy May Mercer.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Cynthia and Dan: Cyber War by Dorothy May Mercer is a spy fiction and romantic novel with many
unexpected plot twists and mysterious characters.

This book is mainly about Cynthia Patterson, the undercover Chief of Security for Senator McBride in Washington, D.C. She is also the brain of a private investigation company run by her brother, Glenn. Together they try to combat terrorists worldwide through such called Cybernetic War. In this war, they try to get information from terrorists through breaking sites and social networks.

One thing I like about this book is the suspense. The author did a good job keeping me engaged while reading this book because of the mystery behind the story.

Also, I liked the romantic aspect of the story. The relationship between Cynthia and the Sergeant Dan McIntyre of the Fairfax Police Department, a 3-year relationship, fades away. Meanwhile, a new character comes into the picture- Sky, a mysterious man who Cynthia gets to know due to a traffic jam. She is concerned about this person since she does not know anything about him, which can be dangerous to her job as a secret security agent, but she starts to catch feelings for him. What will happen next? What will Cynthia decide? Is Sky trustworthy?. You have to read the book to find out.

One thing that bothered me is that many questions remain unanswered. Anyway, I can't complain about it as the author mentioned at the end that they represent a possibility for writing another book.

I recommend this book to everyone who loves spy fiction stories and those who love romantic ones since this book covers both aspects. Anyways, I think that teenagers would relate the most to the story. Also, in the book, you will find topics like pregnancy, contraceptives, abortion, miscarriages. So, if you are not comfortable with these topics, I wouldn't recommend this book to you.

I rate Cynthia and Dan: Cyber War by Dorothy May Mercer 4 out of 4 stars because it does not have a predictable story. I was always wondering about what will happen next. As a result, I read this book in a day, which is very uncommon for me. Also, this book seems professionally edited because I couldn't find any typos or grammar mistakes while reading. That's another point in its favour. Overall, if you are a person who likes SF, you might find this book worth reading. This book is in the McBride Series, so you can read the whole series if you enjoyed reading this book, or you can read it as a single book.

Cynthia and Dan
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Lily_flower_the_reader
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lily-flower-the-reader.html
Latest Review: Play Golf Better Faster: From Weekend Golfer to Pro Golfer in Two Years by Kalliope Barlis

Post by Lily_flower_the_reader »

I also liked the romance aspect. while it can be quite cheesy, the relationship between Sky and Cynthia was very nice and interesting to read.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”