Review of Ironing

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Teeoluwani
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-teeoluwani.html
Latest Review: Ironing by Navajo

Review of Ironing

Post by Teeoluwani »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Ironing" by Navajo.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

One might say that Emma is a girl who gets excited at the slightest thing. But I choose to call her a passionate girl who is very vocal and expressive about the things she likes. Imagine her excitement at the thought of watching greyhounds race each other and later hoping for the opportunity to pet them. To give Emma her heart’s desire, her friends, Ginie and Royanda, decide to follow her to the racing center. They get on a bus that will carry them to their destination. On their way, they converse on various topics. They share their ideas and thoughts on the basic things of life. Navajo, the author of this book, demonstrated how normal man, like you and me, thinks and react to things through their interactions with each other and other passengers. The stories of other people living in other parts of London are also occasionally shown, and we are told about the basic things that some people living in London, in the same space as these three friends, were doing. Many of these stories are the realities of some of us.

Ordinary books are books that stick to an established working structure. They have heroes, monsters, conquerors, and villains in them. They show you what you have seen more times than you can remember, but change the storyline to make it appear unique. I do not hate normal stories. They are beautiful and can be very entertaining. But I appreciate it whenever an author dares to do things differently and makes an extraordinary book. Ironing is one of those unordinary books that I say was written by an unordinary author that goes by Navajo.

I liked how real this book was. I liked this feature so much that it is what I liked most in the novel. And by real, it tells the stories of the reality of many people from different parts of the world. For example, it showed the dating problem of a young woman who desired nothing but a companion to talk to and be with. It showed the challenges that she faced while trying to use the newest technology and innovation to secure a relationship. This is the story of countless women and men out there right at this moment. So, the way it was real, too real, made me love it.

I did not like the fact that it was just a novella. I wish that it was a full novel that showed more relatable scenes than what it offered me. Even though this is what I like the least about the book and wish that a part two or squeal was released to satisfy my greed, I don’t think that it will be fair to deny it all-stars. That means that I have decided to give it 4 out of 4 stars. It was exceptionally well edited too.

Ironing has a lot of profanities in it. Because of that, I cannot recommend it to people interested in reading novels about random things under 16 years old. It is a book with no direct storyline. If you love books like that, you should read this.

Ironing
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Latest Review: Ironing by Navajo

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”