A Walk To Remember by Nicholas Sparks Review

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
mandersonxoxo
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mandersonxoxo.html

A Walk To Remember by Nicholas Sparks Review

Post by mandersonxoxo »

A Walk to Remember is a story about how strong love is and how much influence a single person can have on you. It's also a journey of hope, faith, learning and miracles.

My friends started hyping about the movie and I had seen the cover many times on IMBD suggestions and such, but never really felt inclined to watch it.
But when I did. Oh my god. One of the best movies I've ever seen.
I watched the film twice in one sitting. That's how good it was.
Anyway, I found out that it was a novel my Nicholas. I'd tried to read Dear John before and I just couldnt get into it. HOWEVER, this book took, me a day and a half to read. I just couldn't stop thinking about the story and I couldn't stop reading it.
The movie adaptation had some really cute aspects added to it that I wished could have been in the book like Jamie's bucket list and the kiss in the play.
But the book had so many beautiful quotes that weren't in the film. Both were perfect.
I just, ahh. Jamdon feeeelss♥♡
The strenght of true love, faith and hope were overwhelming in this book and I cry every time I watch the film and I cried whilst reading the book.
I think I should get to bed, schol tomorrow oopsss.
Read it if you like sad stories and romance (no cheesy love triangles). Heck, read it if you hate reading. You need to.
ROBBIESMOMMY
Favorite Author: Jessica Beck
Favorite Book: A Miracle for Miriam

Post by ROBBIESMOMMY »

In a corny flashback device that mimics The Notebook, 57-year-old Landon Carter spirits himself back to his fateful senior year in high school in Beaufort, N.C., when he was an archetypal troublemaking teenager of the 1950s, changed forever by an unexpected first love. Jamie Sullivan, the Bible-toting minister's daughter, with her drab brown sweaters, spinster hairstyle and sincere, beatific advice, is the obvious target of high school ridicule. Despite conspiring in Jamie's derision, class president Landon, desperate for a date for the homecoming dance, finds himself asking Jamie. Afterwards, Jamie asks him to participate with her in the metaphor-laden school Christmas play (Jamie plays the angel). Landon endures the taunting of his friends and forms an uneasy friendship with Jamie, which is carefully supervised by her father. The teens visit needy orphans, give Oscar-worthy performances in the school play and share dreams watching the sunset. Landon realizes he's in love with Jamie, but, of course, she is hiding a devastating secret that could wring her from Landon's arms forever. Now tortured by his knowledge of what will be her terrible fate, he must make the ultimate decision that catapults him into adulthood. A Walk to Remember is the most heartfelt and touching story you will ever pick up. It as an engaging book that anyone could get into
simonmambo2015
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-simonmambo2015.html

Post by simonmambo2015 »

As usual with any of Nicholas Sparks books, there is always an emotional element that gets you caught up in the story. Tragically beautiful. A great book to take on holidays and lose yourself in.
stoppoppingtheP
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Adriana Trigiani
Favorite Book: The Hand of Fatima
Currently Reading: High Low In-Between
Bookshelf Size: 162
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stoppoppingthep.html
Latest Review: If I Only Knew by Kim Simmons
fav_author_id: 8071

Post by stoppoppingtheP »

I have read the book and watched the movie several times. And bawled my eyes out every single time.

“there have been so many times
i have seen a man wanting to weep
but
instead
beat his heart until it was unconscious.

-masculine”

― Nayyirah Waheed
Dando
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dando.html
Latest Review: "The Broken Gift" by Daniel friedmann

Post by Dando »

I love the movie so maybe I should give the book a go soon!
Latest Review: "The Broken Gift" by Daniel friedmann
sventurino
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sventurino.html

Post by sventurino »

I have often found that movies rarely do the original books justice. I am also not a fan of authors trying to manipulate my emotions, instead of allowing me to feel naturally. The movie in my opinion would rate a "B", definitely appealing to the younger generation and those who love a good romantic element. However, I find it hard to read through a Sparks novel without feeling a sense of disbelief. A Walk to Remember has an interesting plot and quite a twist at the end. My favorite Nicholas Sparks book AND movie would probably be The Last Song (even though I wish Miley was not the main character)... :)
garima597
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-garima597.html
Latest Review: Superhighway by Alex Fayman

Post by garima597 »

This book was an emotional read for me. It describes that how jamie's love change landon carter. The first book which i had read of Nicholas spark's was a walk to remember. It was a memorable read.
Tajwar Shakir
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tajwar-shakir.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings

Post by Tajwar Shakir »

This book was amazing. The plot, the characterization and Nicholas' writing technique simply stand out alone in this book. Highly recommended book of Nicholas Sparks!
Dhai
Currently Reading:

Post by Dhai »

I love this movie.
jesscat304
Favorite Book: The Subtle Art Of Not Giving A f*ck
Currently Reading: It Ends with Us
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jesscat304.html
Latest Review: Heartaches by H.M. Irwing

Post by jesscat304 »

I walk to remember is an amazing storyline about heartbreak, loss and love that is awe inspiring. It was a novel that changed my life and I would definitely recommend it to everyone, as it shows you what’s really important in life and gives you hope that with the right influence maybe people can change.
JasminRosales

Post by JasminRosales »

I watched the movie first and then found the book and let me tell you those pages got filled with tears !!!
I’m not a romance type of girl but oh man this book got me in my feels 😭💔
Sooo much going on with two people that love each other one young man that changes his life for her and one young girl that falls in love with him❤️
Such a beautiful love story but o’ my heart couldn’t take the end 💔
Must read and share the same emotions I felt!
P.S go buy some tissues before reading it. You won’t want to put the book down.
Netvigator72
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netvigator72.html
Latest Review: Kindred Journeys by Marjorie Tapley-Olson

Post by Netvigator72 »

I haven’t watched the movie but that’s probably the next thing I’m going to do during this quarantine.
Risla
Currently Reading: Project Tau

Post by Risla »

This book will get you weeping.

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”