Review of The Reel Sisters

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Mr_James
Currently Reading: A grand deception
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mr-james.html
Latest Review: The Maestro Monologue by Rob White

Review of The Reel Sisters

Post by Mr_James »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Reel Sisters" by Michelle Cummings.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The Reel Sisters, written by Michelle Cummings, is an interesting fiction about the friendship between Rose, Amanda, Sophie, and Veronica. The four of them have a passion for fly fishing. These women are very different from each other, yet they relate very well with each other. Rose owns a cabin in Colorado; the cabin is near the Arkansas River. The four friends usually meet at the cabin for vacation. They have fun together and engage in fly fishing. During one of their fly fishing activities, they fish out a naked lady named Melody. This is how Melody becomes the fifth member of the group.

Melody is a daring photographer. She has a lot of insecurities. She wants to pursue her passion, but she wants to impress her parents as well. Veronica is a successful corporate executive, who is married to a successful businessman. Rose is the leader of the group; however, she suffers from emotional pain because of the loss of a loved one. Sophie is a successful farmer. Her heart was broken in the past. Because of the painful experience, she avoids romantic relationships. Amanda has two children. Her husband is in the military and was posted to the Middle East. She is overwhelmed by her family obligations. Michelle blends their personalities and problems to create a riveting story.

This is the first book written by Michelle Cummings that I have read. I will definitely read more books written by her; she knows how to keep a reader engaged. The dialogues in this book are natural. It flows smoothly in your mind as you read the novel. Friendship is a major theme in this novel. The relationship the four women have with each other is just beautiful. Despite their differences, they become best friends. They are like sisters. They help each other overcome their challenges; for instance, when Mike (Amanda's husband) is injured, they do their best to encourage and support her.

Fly fishing is another theme in this novel. In fact, if you want to be a fly fisher, then you need to read this book. Michelle explains the rudiments of fly fishing with great finesse; an amateur will easily understand the principles of fly fishing after reading The Reel Sisters. Amanda, Veronica, Sophie, Melody, and Rose are unique and well-developed. The story is narrated from the point of view of all the Reel Sisters. I love the fact that the story does not revolve around any particular character. This book is a must-read! The Reel Sisters is exceptionally edited; I did not find any errors in it.

This book is flawless; hence, I rate it 4 out of 4 stars. If you have an interest in fly fishing, then you should read this book. As well, I recommend this novel to women who want to improve their social lives.

The Reel Sisters
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”