Review of The VD Anthology

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Davsonic-20
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-davsonic-20.html
Latest Review: The VD Anthology by Various

Review of The VD Anthology

Post by Davsonic-20 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The VD Anthology" by Various.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The VD Anthology is a collection of stories such as "The Proclamation" by Tara Basi, "Remember How To Forget" by Iris Sala, "Green Fragility" by Brian Kelly, "Dear Corona" by Frank Wood, "Britney Spears 2.0" by Valentina Valentini, "Big Cats Of Cactus Creek" by Cheryl Baden-Powell, "The Last Supper(At Breakfast)" by Black Cab Mark, "North East To North Africa" by Sophia Rainbow Haddad, "Rendition Of A Life, Transposed" by Eliot Bryter, "Saudades" by Calah Singleton, "The North Circular Book Of The Dead" by David Rogers, "Herman Melville Cinderella" by Alexandra Liedinger, "Short But Sweet" by Robert Hennebry, "S.B." by Robert Hennebry, "Thud" by Robert Hennebry, "This Is The Word Of The Fence" by Robert Hennebry, written by different authors. They touch on different topics such as Love, the coronavirus, musical training, and even breakfast. "The Proclamation" by Tara Basi tells the story of Soph, a lady who works for her Majesty as a media(internet) person. "Dear Corona" by Frank Wood tells the story of a man who stands as an advocate for the coronavirus. "Britney Spear 2.0" by Valentina Valentini, tells the story of a lady who desires to be a musician and goes for training. The collection of the stories in the The VD Anthology enlightens the reader on how to build one's skills and talents and make them manifest, how to love people right, as well as how to cope with certain emotions and react to different life situations.

The VD Anthology is a well-put-together work of art. The authors all did a great job with their respective stories. The aspect of the book which excited me the most was about how the importance of breakfast, also liked the way the act of going against slavery highlighted the importance of showcasing your talents and skills. I particularly found touching, the story of the man who was dying and needed help, and nobody stepped up to help him until the most unlikely person stood up to the task. It shows that we get help from people in the unlikeliest of places. I love how different aspects of life were touched in these stories. They all contained different lessons which got me thinking after I dropped this book. The VD Anthology is a beautiful piece of work.

There is nothing I disliked about this book. I love the way the author was able to merge important issues such as how to live peacefully, how to maintain love in a family, and speaking up against the evil of slavery with seemingly little things such as the importance of breakfast and building one's skills and talents.

I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. I enjoyed reading this book and I learned a lot of lessons from it.

I recommend this book to people who would like to widen their scope of reasoning and see life through the eyes of other people.

The VD Anthology
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”