Review of Seychelle and The Cannabis Yachties

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Saint Bruno
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 192
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-saint-bruno.html
Latest Review: The vampires missing cape by Steve Stables
fav_author_id: 2484

Review of Seychelle and The Cannabis Yachties

Post by Saint Bruno »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Seychelle and The Cannabis Yachties" by J. Dean.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

On a deserted beach, Seychelle and her dog, Beauregard, stumble on an empty life raft. In the raft, Seychelle finds a ship's logbook containing a handwritten adventure story. But what could have happened to the owner of the book? Seychelle is determined to find out.

From the logbook, Seychelle understood that the book belonged to a lady called Chianti and that she had just got out of prison. Seychelle's quest to find Chianti leads her into discovering a clique of cannabis smugglers who seem to know a lot about her and her late father. And it seems that anyone who associates with her on this journey gets into trouble. Who could Seychelle trust, and what happened to Chianti? Most importantly, who is Chianti? Find out in Seychelle and The Cannabis Yachties by J. Dean.

I had a good time reading this intriguing story, and I must commend the author for making the story believable. The author uses the third-person point of view to narrate most of the story. However, when Seychelle or any other character reads from Chianti's book, she uses Chianti's perspective. The tale also follows a linear progression of events, but we know about Chianti's past through the adventures she recorded in her logbook. I thoroughly enjoyed this story and was surprised at how much the story made me want to learn how to sail a boat. Set in the 1970s, the author also did a great job of explaining what sailing was like during that time.

What I like most about this book is the unpredictability of the tale's end. I love how the narrations progressively reveal something new that makes the book hard to put down. And each time an unpredictable event came along, I loved how it didn't make the story hard to understand but helped prepare my imagination for the tale's satisfying climax. The twists and turns make for an exciting and captivating reading experience.

Another aspect of the book worth commending is its characterization. The characters are unique and relatable, and I love how they all excellently play their part. The main characters are well developed, and I couldn't believe how angry I was at some of their decisions. However, their traits of vulnerability and weakness made them lifelike and like everyday people, which I love. I wasn't happy with Geena for towing a dangerous path, but I have also made some choices that I am not proud of in my life.

Furthermore, this book has an underlying message that I appreciate. I learned that when we make bad choices in life, the effects are also suffered by those we love and could even ruin the lives of others that we don't know. So, let's start being careful about the decisions we make.

I am happy to report that I didn't dislike any aspect of this book. I didn't find any errors throughout the 230-page book, which is a testament to its exceptional editing. The author's descriptions of events, the characters, and surroundings are also vivid and easy to imagine. Therefore, I am glad to rate Seychelle and The Cannabis Yachties a well-deserved four out of four stars. I recommend this book to adults who enjoy fictionalized stories with strong female protagonists, especially those who find boats and sailing fascinating and don't mind reading about people smoking and making money through smuggling cannabis.

Seychelle and The Cannabis Yachties
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Alexander C Schmoock
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 150
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alexander-c-schmoock.html
Latest Review: Survived, evolved against all the odds by Ruth Mantile

Post by Alexander C Schmoock »

I've always been a fan of books with strong female characters regardless of the genre. This will be a great read I can tell. Great review.
Review Writer
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 70
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gideonwrites-review.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Review Writer »

I love reading this review. The book seems to promise a relaxing read
Signature of Grace.
Rishi_reviews
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 9
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rishi-reviews.html
Latest Review: Love, Grandma by Ann Morris

Post by Rishi_reviews »

The plot of the book seems quite interesting to me. I'm curious to know more about it. Thanks for the review.
Immaculate06
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-immaculate06.html
Latest Review: ByTheWay by Dennis Santos

Post by Immaculate06 »

The plot of the book is quite interesting and engaging. I would love to know if Seychelles found out who owned the log book that she saw. Good review.

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”