Review of Healers

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Brenda Creech
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Mary Pat Ferron Caines
Favorite Book: The Reel Sisters
Currently Reading: Rainbow’s End
Bookshelf Size: 357
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-brenda-creech.html
Latest Review: Was She Crying for Me? by Jerry Hyde
fav_author_id: 253250

Review of Healers

Post by Brenda Creech »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Healers" by Ron Mills.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

What would you do if an angel approached you and told you God gave you the gift to heal and use it wisely? Would you believe it or think it was a joke? What would you do with the present? Use it wisely to help others, or use it for your gain? In his book Healers: Three Tales of Miracles, Angels and Lost Souls, Ron Mills introduces the reader to three unlikely characters, in three different yet connected stories, who received a visit from an angel and were given the power to heal.

The three recipients are Rob, a young gangster who had just gotten accepted into a notorious gang, and the angel rescued him from being beaten to death in an alley. Reverend Hightower was a devoted minister before his best friend died, and he had lost his faith and his congregation. Last is Marlene, a battered wife, and mother of two. While she is worried about taking care of her girls, an angel appears to her and says he has a gift from God. The angel gives Marlene the gift of healing and tells her to use it wisely. Three ordinary people, chosen by God to heal others while their own lives are in disarray. Will they use their gifts for good or for evil?

Mills begins the book with Scripture from Luke 9:1-2 that tells how Jesus told His disciples He would give them the power to heal. The theme is good versus evil, and there are consequences to every decision we make. How will each character use the healing power given to them? That kind of power indeed comes with temptation. My favorite part of the book is how Mills describes the angel and how it appears to each character. The author describes a very tall, muscular being with extended wings surrounded by light. The recipients or someone close to them has seen the angel in human form before it appears to a character and gives them the gift.

My least favorite part of the book was the profanity. When I started reading the book, I didn't expect any foul language, so it surprised me that some of that language came from ministers. However, that is a product of my upbringing. I was also disappointed to find more than a few errors, which led me to believe the book had not received professional editing.

For the number of errors, I must deduct one star. Otherwise, for the uniqueness of the story, the author's writing talent and imagination, and the message of the battle between good and evil, I am happy to rate this book 3 out of 4 stars. The author does not push any religious beliefs, and it is a book about the battle humankind has between good and evil and our choices. I recommend this book to those who enjoy a good fantasy story with a hint of truth. Although this is a Christian fantasy novel, anyone can enjoy this book regardless of any religious affiliation.

Healers
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
B. Creech
"Like beauty in the eyes, the divinity of the rose may be in the nose that smells it, and the lover that beholds it." Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
Review Writer
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 70
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gideonwrites-review.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Review Writer »

Thanks for your recommendation! I will really love fantasy story with a hint of truth. This seems to promised an enjoyable read. Thanks for the review
Signature of Grace.
Shilisia
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shilisia.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Shilisia »

I really like the theme of this book and it just gives me the feeling that God can use very ordinary people for great things. I don't like the foul language especially when it is used by people we don't expect would use them but as you said, its the product of my upbringing. This is a great review. Good job.
Brenda Creech

Post by Brenda Creech »

GideonWrites Review wrote: 24 Nov 2021, 16:32 Thanks for your recommendation! I will really love fantasy story with a hint of truth. This seems to promised an enjoyable read. Thanks for the review
It is a pretty good book, I hope you enjoy it! Thanks or stopping by and commenting!
B. Creech
"Like beauty in the eyes, the divinity of the rose may be in the nose that smells it, and the lover that beholds it." Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
Brenda Creech

Post by Brenda Creech »

Shilisia wrote: 26 Nov 2021, 05:13 I really like the theme of this book and it just gives me the feeling that God can use very ordinary people for great things. I don't like the foul language especially when it is used by people we don't expect would use them but as you said, its the product of my upbringing. This is a great review. Good job.
Thank you so much! Thanks for stopping by and commenting!
B. Creech
NancyDrew12
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nancydrew12.html
Latest Review: The Tooth Fairy Makes A Mistake by Great-Aunt Rita

Post by NancyDrew12 »

The plot of this story is very intriguing. I wonder how they choose to use their gifts. Great review! :D
Brenda Creech

Post by Brenda Creech »

Rashawn Carter wrote: 02 Dec 2021, 07:47 The plot of this story is very intriguing. I wonder how they choose to use their gifts. Great review! :D
It is interesting what happens! Thanks for stopping by and commenting!
B. Creech
Immaculate06
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-immaculate06.html
Latest Review: ByTheWay by Dennis Santos

Post by Immaculate06 »

This book is a work of fiction that is also based on the scripture/Bible. I would love to read the book. Thanks for your review.

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”