Review of Cindy Divine

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
LinaMueller
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 261
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-linamueller.html
Latest Review: The Wingless Fairy by Kye Strothers

Review of Cindy Divine

Post by LinaMueller »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Cindy Divine" by Shafter Bailey.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Cindy Divine by Shafter Bailey is categorized as "Other Fiction," but I would say that it is a spellbinding work that mixes fiction with reality. Cindy is a lovable, intelligent, and kind American teenager who has an everyday life. She had a fascinating and loving relationship with her father, but everything started to change when her military dad had to go to Afghanistan.

With the husband's absence, the mother begins to neglect her relationship with Cindy, start having extramarital relationships and even put men of questionable character in her house who will cause trauma to her daughter. The formerly adorable protagonist then starts to feel anguish and anger. Still, the father's absence does not prevent her from using lessons she learned with him. She will become a force for good that will revolutionize the lives of her family members and the entire world. You see, this is not hyperbole; Cindy will become a world figure of the first magnitude, an improved version of Greta Thunberg.

It's tough to pinpoint just one point that stands out. The psychological development of the characters is masterfully described. I couldn't mention the traumatic events in the intro because that would be a spoiler, but several events discussed in the book could ruin any teenager's life. The protagonist manages to overcome the traumas on her own, that is, without the supervision of a professional.

However, if I had to pick just one point that caught my attention, I would choose the brilliant description of how politicians behave. Early on, Cindy learned from her father that if she had problems or fears, she should pray to her guardian angel. Halfway through the book, however, the guardian angel comes to life and begins counseling Cindy. She ends up performing miracles that make her a celebrity (no spoiler, dear editor: just read the book's description on Amazon). Cindy's fame and approval grow so much that not even the most cynical and self-interested politicians can ignore her.

The author did everything with care and perfection, from the cover to the development of ideas, the message, and the conclusion. The book is pretty much flawless. I only found two minor grammatical errors. In some parts of the book, it's sad and poignant to see a girl as angelic and pure as Cindy going through traumatic events, but everything has a purpose. As much as I didn't like to imagine this situation, it's evident that I can't consider it a flaw.

The astute reader has already realized that there will be no suspense. Cindy Divine deserves four out of four stars. I liked the book so much that I'm going to nominate it for the book of the year. I don't pretend to guess what the author's true intention is, but I would say he used poetic license to create miraculous events to show what's wrong with modern politics in the US and, by extension, the world. Therefore, even with content that can be considered religious, I see no sense in saying that an atheist should not read this book. I recommend this work to anyone interested in common problems in the West involving sexual abuse, corrupt politicians, failed marriages, bullying, and so forth. It was truly gratifying to see a thriving personification of pure love sweeping away the filth of the world once and for all. Way to go, Shafter Bailey: you just wrote a masterpiece.

Cindy Divine
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Heart! We will forget him!
You an I, tonight!
You may forget the warmth he gave,
I will forget the light.

When you have done, pray tell me
That I my thoughts may dim;
Haste! lest while you're lagging.
I may remember him!

Emily Dickinson
Rishi_reviews
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 9
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rishi-reviews.html
Latest Review: Love, Grandma by Ann Morris

Post by Rishi_reviews »

This seems like a really good book for inspiration. Cindy's struggles are really something and I'm intrigued to know more about them. Thanks for the review.
T T 2
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 73
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-t-t-2.html
Latest Review: Three loves and other stories by Lata Gullapalli

Post by T T 2 »

I have never really read books of this genre but your review makes me want it. The plot seems good and convincing. Thank you!
anea15
Currently Reading: Vagabond
Bookshelf Size: 12

Post by anea15 »

Reading this review we can imagine how strong Cindy became with period of time..how she face all problems. How nature she became for her little age.. author makes awsome work in this book and show reality yo all of us...how can one incident change all life of child....
Mary Lou Mills
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: Kalayla
Currently Reading: The Buffalo Soldier
Bookshelf Size: 77
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mary-lou-mills.html
Latest Review: Affliction: Growing Up With a Closeted Gay Dad by Laura Hall

Post by Mary Lou Mills »

I'm impressed that you want to nominate this book for book of the year. I wish you could tell us more but understand about your desire to not give any spoilers. I guess I'll have to look into it further.
Katlego Lentsela
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Katlego Lentsela »

The book sounds interesting and Cindy sounds like a strong girl who went though a lot after her father went to Afghanistan.This book sounds like it would be a good book to encourage and inspire people who went through a lot and think that they won't amount to anything.
Zelda Boshoff
Favorite Book: Strong Heart
Currently Reading: The Elf Legacy - Book Five of the Magi Charter
Bookshelf Size: 76
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zelda-boshoff.html
Latest Review: Strong Heart by Charlie Sheldon
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Zelda Boshoff »

With an absent father and a mother who does not pay attention to her, it's a miracle that Cindy accomplished what she did. I am impressed with her moral values, in becoming successful in life. I will love to read the book.
Miracle Chidera 1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-miracle-chidera-1.html
Latest Review: Can I Be Frank? by Rob Wyatt

Post by Miracle Chidera 1 »

This review makes me want to read this book about conquering personal and family challenges and rising up as a better version of yourself.
Jeriann Govender

Post by Jeriann Govender »

The review is so detailed yet it makes me want to know more about the reviewed book. It shows how children are affected due to parents wrong decisions and what children go thru when their families are separated.
Rbbhuncho
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11

Post by Rbbhuncho »

Cindy in having such irresponsible parents however achieved her life's dreams.I am impressed excellent review
David Iba
Currently Reading: Pearl River Mansion
Bookshelf Size: 7

Post by David Iba »

This book is so interesting, cindy is really a strong little girl. it also discribe to me how children fill when there are not with their parent.
Thank for this book review.
Anthonio042
Currently Reading: Sex, Genes and Rock 'n' Roll
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anthonio042.html
Latest Review: "INVASIONS: 'Killing og the Indian'" by Don Diehl

Post by Anthonio042 »

Cindy’s character is captivating. However, I would not give this book a go because of bigotry, profanities, and sexual content. Thanks for this review anyhow.
Harsh Soni 3
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: How To Be Successful
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-harsh-soni-3.html
Latest Review: Money Habits Grandma Taught Me by Luke Pentagon

Post by Harsh Soni 3 »

Showing the world's problem like dirty politics, bullying and sexual abuse through the perspective of a child. It seems unique and effective. This book will be the next book of the month. Thanks for the review.
Emmanuel Ewudor
Currently Reading:

Post by Emmanuel Ewudor »

Showing the world's problem like dirty politics, bullying and sexual abuse through the perspective of a child. It seems unique and effective. This book will be the next book of the month. Thanks for the review.
NOMBULELO M 1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by NOMBULELO M 1 »

I can really relate to this book bcause whatever Cyndi is going through i once expriencend it and i really think she much stronger than iam, i wish at that time i was so strong like Cindi.

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”