Review of Stumble and Sting

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Oyedeji Okikioluwa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 964
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-orizon.html
Latest Review: Proverbs 4:7 by Gaidi

Review of Stumble and Sting

Post by Oyedeji Okikioluwa »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Stumble and Sting" by R. Benjamin Jordan.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Stumble and Sting by R. Benjamin Jordan is a twenty-chapter historical fiction focused on adventure, family, comedy, and friendship.

Set in the New Mexico Territory in the mid-1800s. This story is about two unique characters, Herman and Stumbling O'Buffalo. Herman is five-feet five-inches tall with a large nose; he has poor knowledge of the English language because he is an uneducated man. Stumbling O'Buffalo is an unusual man because he is half Irish, half Indian. He speaks like an Irish man, which was unusual for an Indian. Without having any prior experience or skills, these two decided to arrest criminals and outlaws on wanted posters with the sole aim of receiving reward money. With their lack of skills or talent, will these two unique characters be able to catch dangerous criminals and outlaws? Read this book to find out.

The story begins with a scene in Stumbling O'Buffalo's Indian Village. The characters' development was well organized because the author ensured that the readers knew where each was coming from. I love the author's writing style. I also found each character relatable because of this unique feature. This book is also filled with hilarious personalities so that it won't be boring for the readers. I had a lot of laughs while reading this story.

Though the story's beginning was a bit confusing for me because I'm not used to reading western stories, it was an exciting read. I found myself rooting for the two main characters every step of the way. My favorite character is Stumbling O'Buffalo because of his unique features. My favorite scene was when Herman slapped a cowboy because he was called a little man. That part was hilarious. I was able to complete the story without stress.

I got some lessons while reading this story; I learned that family will always be there for you. I also learned that trust is an important part of friendship. I also admire the bond of friendship between Herman and Stumbling O'Buffalo. I enjoyed reading this story. I was not expecting the twist at the end.

Although I love reading this story, Herman's dialogue in all the scenes was confusing for me to read. It is not well-edited, as I found some grammatical and punctuation errors in this story. Therefore, I rate Stumble and Sting three out of four stars because of these reasons. I will advise that the book be taken through another round of editing to make it flawless.

In conclusion, I recommend this story to readers who love reading Western adventure stories. This story does not contain any sexual scenes, so it won't be uncomfortable for readers to read. It is not a religious book. Young adults can also read this book. Even though this book has a satisfactory ending, I hope that the author will release a sequel because I want to read more about the adventures of these two friends.

Stumble and Sting
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Latest Review: Proverbs 4:7 by Gaidi
Review Writer
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 70
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gideonwrites-review.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Review Writer »

It sound cool that the book is humorous. Though, I'm not a usual fan of historical fiction, but from this review, this one seems to have an enjoyable theme to offer. Thanks for sharing this review.
Signature of Grace.
David Iba
Currently Reading: Pearl River Mansion
Bookshelf Size: 7

Post by David Iba »

Wow this is wonderful for two un-educated human to have such ideal, it's so interesting.
Alexander C Schmoock
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 150
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alexander-c-schmoock.html
Latest Review: Survived, evolved against all the odds by Ruth Mantile

Post by Alexander C Schmoock »

A historical fiction focused on adventure, family, comedy, and friendship will present an interesting read. Great review.
Yulisa Sanchez
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 406
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-yulisa-sanchez.html
Latest Review: In It Together by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes

Post by Yulisa Sanchez »

Very thorough review of the book. I like the points made regarding the lessons that can be learned by reading this book. We can learn a lot from the experiences of others even in historical fiction books. Thank you for the great review!
Rishi_reviews
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 9
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rishi-reviews.html
Latest Review: Love, Grandma by Ann Morris

Post by Rishi_reviews »

I always like a good historical fiction novel and if it's humorous then that's the cherry in top. Thanks for the good work.

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”