Review of Strong Heart

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Teresa Raj
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-teresa-raj.html
Latest Review: Just Die by E Alan Fleischauer

Review of Strong Heart

Post by Teresa Raj »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Strong Heart" by Charlie Sheldon.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Strong heart by Charlie Sheldon is a fictional novel filled with Adventures, Discovery, History and Emotions. It tells the story of a small 13 year old girl named Sarah who is a bit rude at frist but very talented and capable to face anything that comes in her way.

The story begins on a stormy day when Sarah is left at her grandfather Tom's house by her grandmother. Tom who lives there with his friend William and his daughter Myra was planning to go on a trip to the Olympic National park to visit his grandfather's grave up on the mountain and return him something that his grandfather had given to him during their trip to this place. Tom being a bit confused of whether to take Sarah with them or cancel the plan accepts William's advice to take her with them so that she would also get to meet her great great grandfather.

Sarah for me at first seemed impossible to communicate with but later on I definitely fell for her and she was one of my favourite characters. Her character development throughout the journey is truly amazing. I also liked the other characters in this book, as all characters are well developed and interesting it's as if each character has it's own story or background which they have experienced and tackled and that's the part which I find the most relatable because I think it's the same case with us too, we too have our own stories and the writer has done a commendable job by blending all these stories together in this one novel. I like the way the writer has depicted everything in a very detailed way. The amount of information this book carries is also amazing ,definitely a book to learn a lot from.

At the beginning of the trip Myra says that this land is filled with magic , history and legends but this land is in danger too. Will they be able to save this land filled with their memories of adventures and the time they spent here together? Well for that you need to read the next book Adrift in the series. Strong heart dose not end on cliff hanger but still it will definitely make you want to read the next book to know the answer.

The only thing which I didn't like about the book was the point when I was a bit confused about Sarah's journey on the canoe, it was a bit difficult for me to understand the direction in which they were headed, it really took me some time to understand her whole canoe journey maybe because I'm not familiar with that kind of place but people who are familiar or who love camping will definitely understand and find it relatable, maybe this book can also bring back your own memories of camping with your family or friends. Other then this there's nothing else that I don't like about this book.

As the writer himself says "For Those whose greatest pleasure is curling up with a book on a rainy afternoon and to contrary girls everywhere" I recommend this book to anyone who loves to read fictional novels and if you are someone who likes adventures you will definitely find this book interesting. Even for those who are new to adventures like these, this book can also be a guide for them. One can actually learn the basics of camping or trekking from this novel and as this novel has also thought me a lot of things I will rate this book 4 out of 4 stars.

Strong Heart
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”