Review of Adrift

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Mukoan M
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mukoan-m.html
Latest Review: Adrift by Charlie Sheldon

Review of Adrift

Post by Mukoan M »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Adrift" by Charlie Sheldon.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The news of a burning abandoned ship, the Seattle Express spreads like wildfire while those who boarded the ship are still missing in the sea. The ship crew was awakened by the general fire alarm on the ship. With no idea where the fire was coming from, tunnels burning and very bad weather the two Captains William and Steve decide to do what every captain dreads and abandon the ship to save their lives. Upon hearing the news of the abandoned ship Larry whose business was on the verge of collapse embarks on a journey to go and make his claim on the ship with the hope of reviving his business. In this book Adrift by Charlie Sheldon, we are taken on a journey of the marine life, their everyday struggle and the dangers they face in the rough sea through the lives of the two captains who left their ship through the lifeboats with each heading different crew. The big question is did the people in the lifeboats survive? Each crew is asking themselves if the other crew is safe. It’s this uncertainty and the horrible condition of the sea in summer weather that’s making the family and loved ones of the Seattle Express crew anxious and praying for their safety.

I enjoyed this book as the story is detailed and you are left with no question marks as to what happened to a certain character. It’s a compelling story that will leave you wanting for more, even if you have never been on a ship you will feel every emotion of the mariners and their daily struggle. The bonds and family dynamics of every character were well written that I felt like I was part of this community and knew them personally.

The only thing I didn’t like about the book was that there were too many characters that at the beginning I had to pause and reflect to make connections. However, as I got a grip of the story I somehow managed to recall all of them and their connections. What made the book more enjoyable besides having many characters was that the author introduced the character at the beginning of the chapter which made it easy to connect each character to the storyline.

I would recommend the book to those who love adventure, nature and family stories. This book will definitely keep you hooked.

Besides what I mentioned above about the characters I enjoyed reading this book. The book was well written and professionally edited therefore I am rating this book a 4 out of 4 stars.

Adrift
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Mozi Ken
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless
Bookshelf Size: 63
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mozi-ken.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles

Post by Mozi Ken »

I like how honest you are in your review. Adrift sounds like a book that would teach me something about sailing and sailors. Good review.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”