Review of Prògag

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Kajori Sheryl Paul
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading: Noah's Quest
Bookshelf Size: 976
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kajori-sheryl-paul.html
Latest Review: Alien Bonds by Carmen Webster Buxton

Review of Prògag

Post by Kajori Sheryl Paul »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Prògag" by Percy W Group.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

People with similar values and ethics always create the most cohesive communities. Usually, the cornerstone of such communities is a religious institution like a church. A good pastor always does his best to shepherd his people in the direction of Christ by imbibing good Christian values in them.

Prógag, compiled by Percy Group, is the story of one such pastor. It is the biography of Pastor Jay. Jay, along with his wife, Lucy, and brothers, Anthony and Simon, strove to create a safe and peaceful place for their neighbors. Jay's mother passed away when they were very young. Before leaving for her heavenly abode, she made sure to inculcate warrior spirits in her sons. She wove a fantastical story set in an alternate universe called Rìoghachdan to teach her boys the importance of good Christian values. Later on in life, Lucy persuaded Jay to create a men's club called Rìoghachdan so that young men got the same opportunity as him and his brothers to create a solid foundation. With Lucy gone, Jay was at a loss.

Would Jay once again find a direction in his life? Would he be able to change more lives?

Prógag is a story that includes another story. Along with the whereabouts of Jay and his family, we also get to know the magnificent story of Rìoghachdan, the land of twelve kingdoms. King Simidh, Carrie Ann, and their children are all brave warriors with their own powers. The story set in Rìoghachdan is an amazing tale that would do wonders in gripping children and teaching them good values. It has action, romance, and drama. This is my most favorite segment of the book. I hope they decide to release a separate book set in Rìoghachdan.

Jay is a formidable person. He truly desires the best for his people. I loved his bond with Simon and Anthony. The way he kept his patience with his sisters-in-law, Pilar and Ivy, is admirable. His love for Lucy is palpable. Even after she passes away, we feel her presence in every aspect of his life. Jay's bond with Raymond is noteworthy. They both make a difference in each other's lives. Overall, I loved the way the importance of family is portrayed in the book.

Prógag is an intentionally unedited autobiography. This is a unique aspect of the book. We follow Jay's thought process unhindered. However, this is also a con in some ways. As it is not edited, I did find a number of errors. Also, I have to mention that the story is not divided into chapters. Sometimes, the timelines are jumbled up. This might be confusing for some readers.

Also, I felt that the LGBT community was not portrayed in a fair light in some cases. This might be because Jay comes from another era. Hence, people who are sensitive regarding these matters should read the book with caution.

Keeping in mind the pros and cons, I rate this book 3 out of 4 stars. I recommend this book to anyone who is fond of reading biographies. People interested in Christian values would like it as well.

Prògag
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Ekezie1998
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 91
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ekezie1998.html
Latest Review: life lessons of wayne by shawn wayne swearingen

Post by Ekezie1998 »

A book about the biography of a pastor would good values. Might pass on this book one though.
kirthana_shivakumar
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kirthana-shivakumar.html
Latest Review: Depiction of women characters as Victims of Oppresion and Agents of action in selected short stories by Rushika Gill

Post by kirthana_shivakumar »

This looks very interesting. It's also one of my favourite genres so I'll definitely give it a try. Thanks for the review!
markodim721
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 482
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-markodim721.html
Latest Review: The Solution is Political Revolution by Jillion R Rising

Post by markodim721 »

I like that the book is conceived as a story that includes other stories. Thanks for the good review.

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”