Review of Three loves and other stories

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
El_limitless
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 67
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-el-limitless.html
Latest Review: Public Hostage Public Ransom by William Bronston MD

Review of Three loves and other stories

Post by El_limitless »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Three loves and other stories" by Lata Gullapalli.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

In Three Loves and other Stories, Lata Gullapalli wrote a combination of stories that reflect the psychological nature of humans at certain times in their lives. The stories describe happenings in the world using fictional characters. Life is not a bed of roses; it throws challenges at us every day of our lives. Marriages will keep on taking place, families and careers will always be built, and we will always meet new people on a daily basis. This book provides help in managing these life constants.

Lata Gullapalli used a different approach to address matters arising in modern society. Storytelling has never gone out of date as it attracts and keeps the attention of the reader. Here, stories that show the nature of humans and help control our emotions are told. Even the tiniest of seemingly unimportant details are made to be noticed and taken care of. It teaches the need for mental wellness, right approach to issues, tolerance, marriage, family, values, and survival. It will encourage the reader to remove certain stereotypes and change the perspective from which he sees things. Using humans as practical examples, the author shows the picture of our lives through the fictional characters in the book.

The book has some positive points. I love that it was written in simple diction. It's interesting to find that the information contained in it applies to people of all genders and ages. It was exceptionally well edited as no spelling or grammatical errors were noticed on its pages. To the reader's convenience, the foreign or special languages used by the author were well explained. The stories were directed to all affairs of life. I love that the stories were dutifully arranged with an introductory quote in each of the chapters giving the reader a preview of the story he is about to be read.

On the negative side, I felt that certain descriptions in the book were unnecessary and large. Some examples and storylines were repeated. It made those parts lengthy and the book a tad bit less interesting.

The book was exceptionally well edited. Like I mentioned earlier, It contains no spelling or grammatical errors. I will rate the book 4 out of 4 stars. I didn't give it a lower rating because it was an apt, concise, and fascinating read. Again, I like that it contained no vulgar words. The few negatives I encountered were not profound enough to take anything away from my enjoyment of the book.

I recommend the book to readers who need some help to navigate different stages of life successfully. Also, kids may use some stories contained in it as bedtime stories. It is not restricted to any age or gender.

Three loves and other stories
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
kirthana_shivakumar
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kirthana-shivakumar.html
Latest Review: Depiction of women characters as Victims of Oppresion and Agents of action in selected short stories by Rushika Gill

Post by kirthana_shivakumar »

This looks very interesting. It's also one of my favourite genres so I'll definitely give it a try. Thanks for the review!
Paluk Pathania
Favorite Book: Pride and Prejudice
Currently Reading: All the Light We Cannot See
Bookshelf Size: 62
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-paluk-pathania.html
Latest Review: Bitcoin Answered by Jon Law

Post by Paluk Pathania »

This one seems so fresh to me that I'm convinced to get onto it! Thankyou for your insightful review.^^
Avishi
Currently Reading: all body bags and no knickers
Bookshelf Size: 109
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-avishi.html
Latest Review: The DrugTech Trilogy by Marcel Victor Sahade
Reading Device: Pdf

Post by Avishi »

From the title I thought that it was a normal love story but from your review I understand that it contains a valuable content more than love. I would like to try it 👍.
Lila Randhawa
Favorite Book: Pride and Prejudice
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lila-randhawa.html
Latest Review: Conversing with Various Entities by Mary Ellen Wall

Post by Lila Randhawa »

Your review is delightful! It made me want to read the book in the first place. These are some powerful stories! I second your opinion about the lengthy descriptions making it a tad bit boring.

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”