Review of Cynthia and Dan

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Carmeleta P
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-carmeleta-p.html
Latest Review: My Living Will by John Trautwein

Review of Cynthia and Dan

Post by Carmeleta P »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Cynthia and Dan" by Dorothy May Mercer.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

There is little to no privacy in the world these days as we are constantly monitored by various networks, and on the other
hand, we are experiencing cyber-attacks each day in one way or another. In this "Adult Romantic Suspense", Cynthia Patterson
who is a weapons expert and a "black belt" works as a bodyguard, and her brother Glenn is a private investigator, who
specializes in all types of the latest technology needed for security purposes. Cynthia and Glenn embark on a special secret
mission to wage a Cyber War against terrorists of the United States of America, which led them to investigate and recruit two
computer nerds to assist in their mission. Meanwhile, Cynthia struggles in her relationship with her partner Dan. The
struggles lead to Cynthia meeting and falling in love with Sky Eastman, but this was too much for Dan to bear and so he set
out to sabotage Cynthia and Sky's new relationship.
Would Dan succeed at these attempts? or would he fail? Cynthia is troubled by how little she knows about this man Sky Eastman
whom she had come to admire so much, so she decides to carry out a private investigation to learn more about him.

In Cynthia and Dan: Cyber War , author Dorothy May Mercer highlights a young woman who is passionate about protecting
her country by fighting against terrorists who pose any possible threats. She decides to fight the "cyber-style" way.
Cynthia's character really stood out in the story, as she is seen filled with passion and determination. In the book, we see
how easy it is for jealousy to escalate, as in Dan's character where he presumptuously attempts different sabotage methods to
get back at Cynthia. I believe Cynthia really wanted to keep the pregnancy when she found out she was pregnant for Sky, even
though she decided to keep a distance from him until she knew for sure who he really was. The book is a combination of
romance and suspense, consisting of 233 pages. Dorothy May Mercer focusses on three separate events occurring in Cynthia's
life at the same time: her relationship with Dan, her relationship with Sky, and the secret Cyber War mission. It is clearly
demonstrated in the story how effortless it is for terrorists to launch an attack, as depicted in the book where the
suspicious tiny drones were used by terrorists as an attack method to infiltrate the White House.

The writer is exceptional and her writing style was superb. My interest in the book never waned an inch as the suspense kept
me laser-focused on finishing the book. The characters were interesting and memorable. Sky's character was one of mystery
and suspense that kept me wanting to know more about him. Tim Dupre and Garth Tatum's characters were also incredible, they
were super resilient in their tasks at hand to ensure the accomplishment of their assigned mission. I really enjoyed
Cynthia and Dan: Cyber War
. The characters became alive as I read. The book allowed me to become more aware of how
serious and prevalent cyber attacks are in the world. It also showed me how experienced persons (that we sometimes call
computer nerds) can truly assist in lessening those attacks. The plot was well laid out from beginning to end, and the book
was well edited. Overall it was an awesome book to read.

I located no errors throughout the book. The characters were great and the flow was excellent. I rate Cynthia and
Dan: Cyber War
by Dorothy May Mercer 4 out of 4 stars .

This book most certainly should be recommended to lovers of romance and mystery and to those computer nerds out there who
appreciate challenges and enjoy exploring the Net. The book also appeals to persons who diligently insist on helping to
eradicate terrorism. I implore you to give this book a try. You will encounter no regrets.

Cynthia and Dan
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
AvidBibliophile
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: The Haunted House
Bookshelf Size: 460
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-avidbibliophile.html
Latest Review: Little Elli Mae is staying safe and well so how about you? by Cynthia Shareen Dobbs
2022 Reading Goal: 150
2022 Goal Completion: 10%

Post by AvidBibliophile »

Cyber attacks and digital acts of terrorism are a very real threat these days, so plots like these always make us think twice about how easy it might be to become victims of technological schemes! I’ve heard good things about this one, so thank you for sharing your thoughts as well.
Carmeleta P
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-carmeleta-p.html
Latest Review: My Living Will by John Trautwein

Post by Carmeleta P »

Thank you for reading. If you decide to try it you will not have any regrets.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”