Review of A Father's Love: Justice and Forgiveness

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Bertha Jackson
Bookshelves Moderator
Favorite Book: Launchpad Republic: America's Entrepreneurial Edge and Why It Matters
Currently Reading: Life at the Precipice
Bookshelf Size: 755
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bertha-jackson.html
Latest Review: Embrace Your Age by JAMES B. FLAHERTY ... An octogenarian with a bright future.

Review of A Father's Love: Justice and Forgiveness

Post by Bertha Jackson »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "A Father's Love: Justice and Forgiveness" by Jean DeFreese Moore.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

In the 1900s, the white population still had vivid memories of Indians who killed and captured their family members. Times were hard with violence from outlaws who viciously robbed, kidnapped, and murdered innocent victims. After finishing law school in Denver, Reid and his pregnant Indian wife, Chipeta, return to Harris, Kansas. Reid gets a job with the Department of Justice (DOJ) to track down a group of outlaws who kidnap young girls that they force into prostitution. He leaves Chipeta with his family in the predominantly white town that has no fondness for Indians. Reid encounters many dangers performing his undercover work for the DOJ. Reid's family are doctors, lawyers, and law enforcement officers. They have many struggles in their lives, and they depend on the messages they receive from God to survive. How is that possible? Does God talk to and advise people? Are our prayers answered? The answers to these questions are in the book, A Father's Love: Justice and Forgiveness by Jean DeFreese Moore.

The character development by Jean DeFreese Moore is fantastic. The emotions of love, jealousy, anger, distrust, fear, and pain are easy to visualize. The characters' faith is demonstrated through the use of scriptures which helped me understand their behaviors. "I am he, I am he who sustains you. I have made you and I will carry you; I will sustain you and I will rescue you" is my favorite scripture in this book. Each page dealt with love, faith, and danger, which kept me turning the pages. My emotions ran from joy to anger throughout the book. The use of the dialect used in the 1900s added to the authenticity of the story. I did not know the book was a part of a series until I read the author's information at the end, and I did not feel like anything was missing.

The well-written, action-packed, and smooth-flowing plot made it impossible for me to find anything to dislike about this book. Although there is human trafficking and prostitution in this book, none of the content is descriptive.

I gladly give this book 4 out of 4 stars because a professional editor has edited it. With only two errors in the entire book, there is no reason to give it fewer stars. I particularly liked that the author put all the scriptures in italics, making them stand out from the rest of the narrative.

I recommend this enjoyable Christian book to readers who enjoy romance, crime drama, and historical fiction. You may want to avoid this book if religious scriptures are bothersome because the novel is full of them.

A Father's Love: Justice and Forgiveness
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Bertha R. Jackson :D
Book Reviewer at OnlineBookClub.org
Ekezie1998
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 91
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ekezie1998.html
Latest Review: life lessons of wayne by shawn wayne swearingen

Post by Ekezie1998 »

An interesting plot here. Would definitely love to get my hands on this book. Great review.
T T 2
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 73
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-t-t-2.html
Latest Review: Three loves and other stories by Lata Gullapalli

Post by T T 2 »

Hmm, kind of skeptical about the plot. A good review though.
Shilisia
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shilisia.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Shilisia »

A Christian book with aspects like crime and romance is very intriguing. Thank you for a great review.
asteel18
Currently Reading: Bluewater Walkabout
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-asteel18.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by asteel18 »

I haven't even read this, but I'm already invested because of your review. Now I have to know what happens. Thanks for such an awesome review!
-Amy
Amaka Ike
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amaka-ike.html
Latest Review: The Frights of Fiji by Sunayna Prasad

Post by Amaka Ike »

Wow, what an interesting suspenseful book. I'm really interested in know what happened. Good review

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”