Review of The Good Fortune Bakers of Bayside Avenue

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
El_limitless
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 67
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-el-limitless.html
Latest Review: Public Hostage Public Ransom by William Bronston MD

Review of The Good Fortune Bakers of Bayside Avenue

Post by El_limitless »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Good Fortune Bakers of Bayside Avenue" by Esta Fischer.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

In The Good Fortune Bakers of Bayside Avenue, Esta Fischer wrote a wonderful story. The book is a fictional comedy that shows an older woman and her ordeals with her new Chinese neighbours. They passed through many hurdles but later landed in a disaster that separated them. If you are already wondering what disaster can befall and separate these lovely neighbours? Find out by reading this interesting book.

The book portrayed kindness, family, abuse, betrayal, humour, love, romance, and surprises. At a point in our lives, we tend to go out of our way to help others, not minding their thoughts. Sometimes, what we expect is not what we see at the end, but the happiness of helping out is all that matters. The book shows how going out of our way to help others can either put us in trouble or save us out of trouble. The consequences of neglecting family were also highlighted in the book.

The book has some positive points. I love that the book was filled with suspense. The author used plot twists to make the book a lot less predictable. The book was also written in simple diction, making it easy for readers of all ages to comprehend quickly. The book touched on current happenings in our society. The author also used concrete and valid facts to back up some arguments made in the book. Also worthy of mention is that the book created a perfect balance between the younger and older generation. The chapters and information contained in the book were so correlated that there was no confusion while reading.

On the negative side, I didn't quite appreciate the length of the chapters. Length can be one of the most discouraging factors of a book. The book has a long number of unnecessary chapters. Little information that could fit into one chapter was made into different chapters. It made the book a little less interesting. Also, there was an unnecessary repetition of some information in the book.

Being that the book was very interesting to read, I will give it 4 out of 4 stars. It was exceptionally well edited. The explanations were explicit. I noticed no spelling or grammar errors in it.

I will recommend this book to lovers of fictional comedy. Older people would find the book interesting as the protagonist is an older woman. Younger readers will see it as a book filled with a lot of experiences and lessons.

The Good Fortune Bakers of Bayside Avenue
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
marta baglioni
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marta-baglioni.html
Latest Review: Shatter Girl by Shay Miranda

Post by marta baglioni »

This seems like a nice book: I am curious about the interaction between the old woman and her neighbors. Good review!
Nakir
Currently Reading: Chameleons
Bookshelf Size: 13

Post by Nakir »

This book is a comedy book and wonderful writing
ellaiela
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ellaiela.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by ellaiela »

It seems like a unique and fun story to read. But indeed it's frustrating if the book has long unnecessary chapters. Thank you for the review!
"It's the possibility of having a dream come true that makes life interesting."
-The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho
Nkgchidimma080
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nkgchidimma080.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by Nkgchidimma080 »

This book seems fun and interesting,am adding this book to my book shelves, beautiful review.
Kingsley Emodi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kingsley-emodi.html
Latest Review: Randy the Irresistible by S M Goodier

Post by Kingsley Emodi »

Interesting review you have here. Great storyline. Lovers of fictional comedy will enjoy this one. Well done.

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”