Review of Eleanor's Wicked Epiphany

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Chiwelite O
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 64
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chiwelite-o.html
Latest Review: The Water Bear by Groucho Jones

Review of Eleanor's Wicked Epiphany

Post by Chiwelite O »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Eleanor's Wicked Epiphany" by Ivan K Dockins.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Eleanor's Wicked Epiphany is written by Ivan K Dockins. This book has thirty-seven chapters. This exciting book tells us the story of a young girl called Eleanor. She lived in Indiana with her younger sister, Mia, and her little family of four. Eleanor had a perfect life planned out until tragedy befell her in high school, and this changed the course of her life to a kind she had never dreamt of.

The book starts with Eleanor being arrested for the fourth time. The prison's female guard had to take her to a "one-man cell" because she fought in the general cell. Inside the cell, she recounts all she had been through in the past months. As the story progressed, Eleanor was released from prison by Nefertiti. Nefertiti is an immortal who had influence, money, and all Eleanor ever wanted. However, she lacked one thing; she was searching for peace, and only someone keen on getting revenge, like Eleanor, would inherit immortality from her, thereby giving her the peace she desired. Would Eleanor agree to Nefertiti's plea? Would Eleanor finally get revenge on all those who hurt her in the past? Would Nefertiti eventually gain the peace she desires? This book has the answers to these questions and more.

This book has some positive aspects. I found the language of this book relatively easy to understand; it did not give me any difficulty as a reader. Secondly, the author's excellent way of storytelling was fantastic; for instance, in the first chapter of this book, her description of the beast and her perfect illustration of the activities that happened in prison gave me a perfect picture of what a prison looks like and what goes on in there, even though, I haven't visited any. Another instance was when she described Nefertiti's house in the fourth chapter; her description was detailed. Another positive aspect in favor of this book is the coherence between chapters. I noticed that though the book contained several chapters, my interest while reading through was not lost because every chapter was connected to the next. The story continues fascinatingly throughout the book. I did not find any error in this book; it was exceptionally well edited.

However, this book has only one negative aspect. I discovered some abbreviations in the book which were not explained. I found it challenging to understand the book because I kept wondering what these abbreviations meant. For instance, abbreviations like DUI, NFL, DD, AC/DC, FDA, and JFK.

Therefore, I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. I did not give this book a lower rating because the negative aspect I found did not take away my overall satisfaction; the book was still Intriguing and enjoyable to read. I recommend this book generally to all book lovers worldwide and particularly to those who enjoy reading fantasy fiction. Anyone who likes reading fiction would have a great time reading this book.

Eleanor's Wicked Epiphany
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Shivali Y
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shivali-y.html
Latest Review: Sound of Redemption by William John Rostron

Post by Shivali Y »

This definitely doesn't sound like anything I've read before, I'll check it out. Thanks for a great review!
collinsogw555
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-collinsogw555.html
Latest Review: Bama Boy by Bobby Morrison

Post by collinsogw555 »

This is an excellent fast-paced and interesting book as Eleanor wouldn't have taught that are her life would change from the plans she had made for herself. Thanks for the review.
Ivvie Ivanova
Favorite Author: Matthew Tysz
Currently Reading: Beyond Dreams
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ivvie-ivanova.html
Latest Review: Idiom Attack Vol. 1 Everyday Living (Spanish Edition) by Peter Liptak
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
fav_author_id: 50532

Post by Ivvie Ivanova »

Eleanor sounds like a character that will keep me reading through the night. Adding this to my TBR and I cannot wait! Thank you for your review!
Nkgchidimma080
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nkgchidimma080.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by Nkgchidimma080 »

Eleanor like an amazing character,I would add this book to my book shelves, beautiful review.
Lee-dre L
Currently Reading: Troubled Blood
Bookshelf Size: 169
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lee-dre-l.html
Latest Review: Waves Break (on Unknown Shores) by Barry Litherland
Reading Device: B005890G8Y

Post by Lee-dre L »

This book sounds intriguing, I might give it a read. Most of us have had feelings like the ones you describe of Eleanor. Thank you for the review.
Lee-dre L
Currently Reading: Troubled Blood
Bookshelf Size: 169
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lee-dre-l.html
Latest Review: Waves Break (on Unknown Shores) by Barry Litherland
Reading Device: B005890G8Y

Post by Lee-dre L »

This book sounds intriguing, I might give it a read. Most of us have had feelings like the ones you describe of Eleanor. Thank you for the review.
KafeliKe
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kafelike.html
Latest Review: The Party Line by Dennis D. Gagnon

Post by KafeliKe »

I love the way the book begins. It sounds like it is a fast-paced book that I must add to my shelf of a must-read books. I applaud you for this great review.

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”