Review of The Price of Dreams

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Sreelakshmi M
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sreelakshmi-m.html
Latest Review: My Trip To Adele by R.I.Alyaseer and A. I Alyaseer

Review of The Price of Dreams

Post by Sreelakshmi M »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Price of Dreams" by Jerry A. Greenberg.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Every person goes through a tug of war in oneself. It is either about identity or love or may be passion. Some of these emotions are too powerful to strip us away from reality. John Dollan faced the same. The work, The Price of Dreams by Jerry A. Greenberg talks about the same dilemma along with the relevance of timing.

The story begins with a very interesting narration. The work follows a first person narrative. The protagonist John Dollan is a very passionate artist who happens to be woven around a life he didn't deliberately chose for himself. The eternal confusion in all his decisions makes him more relatable like a guy next door. The importance of family and detailed description of John's feelings makes the work a page turner. Everything takes an interesting turn with the arrival of some unexpected guests in his home which forces him to reconsider things he did so far. The rest of the plot is his journey in catching up with the life he deserves.

The book is an easy read with only 175 pages. The wonderfully woven story is presented in fourteen chapters. The story gave equal preference to human and animal characters. The language used is clear and easy to read. The book's central theme is the conflict of life from a passionate person's perspective.

I would rate this book 4 out of 4 stars ,for its exceptional use of such a theme. The book is well edited with only a few mistakes. Though sometimes some characters were not treated well, it successfully added flavour to the story. The book never loses its pace even at once which is one of its attractive feature.

The book is suited to everyone out there. It is a light and friendly read. The book must be more relatable to everyone who is stuck between life and passion. The way the book explores family and relationships is quite healthy. The simple terms, the book is a must read.

The Price of Dreams
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”