Review of The Crimson Trail

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Chiwelite O
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 64
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chiwelite-o.html
Latest Review: Autumn's Gift of Love by Cynthia Beckhardt

Review of The Crimson Trail

Post by Chiwelite O »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Crimson Trail" by Ernest Salotti.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The Crimson Trail by Ernest Salotti tells the story of Zak, a cowboy from Yuma. Zak lost his mother at a very young age; this made him frown at any situation that would make his children live without a father. He meets Max, who assists him in getting a woman named Rebecca out of danger. Zak then moves to a different town, where he meets Isabella, whom he develops feelings for. His next stop is Baker, where he decides to work for a while to make money. However, he realizes that the town has issues with a man named Murray, who seems to control the activities of people; he kills anyone that fights against him. Zak agrees to help the town by becoming their "marshal." It may seem as though trouble and death follow Zak wherever he goes because he loses a lot of allies while on this journey. Nevertheless, he always finds a way to help people wherever he goes. Zak falls in love with Isabella but refuses to have anything with her because he worries about leaving his children fatherless. Would Zak survive the trials he encounters on his journey? Would he meet his end?

This book has a few positive aspects. It is written in a simple and explanatory language that any reader would not find difficult to understand. The author ensures that the reader is carried along while reading the book; he skillfully uses detailed storytelling to help the reader comprehend the story. The book encompasses themes such as friendship, love, and sacrifice. This book is relatively short, and this will ensure that a reader does not get bored while reading the book. Also, the setting of the book is impressive because it covers a time where the world had not yet attained the level of technology it has today. I learned about cowboys, their way of life, their method of communication, and the role of the leader of that time. I did not find a lot of errors in the book; it was professionally edited.

I could not find anything to dislike about this book. It had a very relaxing tone, which took me through a journey of love and sacrifice.

Since I did not find any negative aspect in this book, I rate it four out of four stars. I recommend this book to all lovers of fiction around the world. Also, I recommend this book to anyone who enjoys reading adventure books; they would find this book a fascinating read.

The Crimson Trail
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Apple 7
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-apple-7.html
Latest Review: The Right to Nominate by Thomas E Peterson

Post by Apple 7 »

Very interesting review.....thanks
Ekezie1998
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ekezie1998.html
Latest Review: The Human and The Divine by Terry-Ann Grant

Post by Ekezie1998 »

Zak losing his mother at such a young age is quite sad. Great review written here though.

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”