Review of Randy the Irresistible

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Jessica045
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jessica045.html
Latest Review: George by James H Russell

Review of Randy the Irresistible

Post by Jessica045 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Randy the Irresistible" by S M Goodier.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

It is usually annoying when the lastborns act out and behave like life is without issues. Randy The Irresistible, a 364 pages and 25 chapters fictional novel by S M Goodier, centered on one man, depicting his personality. The themes discussed included family, the life of a bachelor, adult stage, love, and friendship.

After Randy Love, the last born of the Love Family, finally left his father’s house, he realized how many responsibilities and assignments he now has. Randy was faced with the harsh reality of life, the trouble of finding a job and working to satisfy the higher-ups and customers, the hassle of getting an apartment and having to live with other apartment members, and of maintaining a disciplined life. However, an advantage Randy possessed was his free-spirited personality, ability to bounce back, and the fact that people still prefer and find him, despite his mistakes. Grab a copy of this book to read about the story of Randy and his relationship with people.

At one point or the other, we must have imagined leaving home and becoming independent, only to go out and find out that it is not always what we imagined that we get. The author taught this through the protagonist. The book’s characterization was excellent. Each character distinctly exhibited their befitting roles. The plot and diction were very smooth and progressed undisturbed, making the book fun to read and easy to understand. The author was also highly descriptive in writing, giving a clear picture of people and situations. It was very commendable of him.

The book was also educative. Randy, going back to school, when deprived of a better job opportunity for not finishing school well, taught the value of education. And then, if life takes you on some other path, so be it. It also educated readers on the importance of having something you are excellent at doing. Despite some maladministration, Randy was not sacked but was treated nicely. He even got promoted. One could also learn from his free-spirited lifestyle. I guess that gave him his charms. His reliability and ability to continue trying were worth emulating.

The book was also comical. My best part would be how Randy kept on avoiding the sexual advances from people like Stella. I admire the role his family, especially his sister, Harriet, played in his life. She did not hesitate in telling him the truth about his life and behaviors. His family, in turn, still supported and accepted him whenever he made those mistakes. They never judged him, abandoned him, or made him feel bad. It showed the power of the blood relationship.

There was nothing to dislike about this book. The author carried everyone along and exceeded the goal of entertaining. While reading, I encountered a few minor errors which a simple re-editing would easily correct. It depicts professionalism in editing. Therefore, I am rating this book four out of four stars. The author was even considerate enough to include an index at the end of the story that explained the meaning of the slang used.

I recommend this novel to young adults, as it would be very relatable. It should, however, be kept away from children as it contains some profane words and sex scenes. Fictional lovers would also enjoy reading this book.

Randy the Irresistible
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
markodim721
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 482
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-markodim721.html
Latest Review: The Solution is Political Revolution by Jillion R Rising

Post by markodim721 »

I like that the book emphasizes, among other things, the importance of education. Thanks for the good review.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”