Review of Is God In Your Yard

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Ngozi Onyibor
Member of the Month
Favorite Book: Sugar & Spice
Currently Reading: The Wizard of Fire
Bookshelf Size: 175
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ngozi-onyibor.html
Latest Review: The Man In the cafe by Michael J Pilkington

Review of Is God In Your Yard

Post by Ngozi Onyibor »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Is God In Your Yard" by Sita Moore.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

As humans, it's easy to get bogged down by the worries of life and survival. Never-ending bills, work pressures, and unhappy relationships can take a toll. As a result, we think of happiness and peace as a place, a job title, a fat bank account, a blissful relationship, or perfect health. We then forget the joy we had as carefree children because our problems have blinded us to the carefree child we once were.

Is God In Your Yard by Sita Moore is a call to the reader to trust God and cast all their worries upon Him. Only by letting go and trusting God does the heart open up to the peace that God gives, even amid chaos. The book reminds us that God is always around the corner, ready to answer, ready to help, ready to restore our childlike cheerfulness. If only we would come to Him.

As a Christian that has been struggling with my faith and drifting further away from God by the day, this book felt like a sign from God. A personal message from Him to me. It was that impactful.

The book is short and punchy. I appreciate this because it's something I can always go back to and skim through whenever I need a spiritual pick me up. Being able to get through it quickly makes rereading it feel more attainable. It eliminates the dread of reading a long text.

Stunning illustrations that create vivid imagery accompany Sita's writing. She makes her reader the protagonist. As a result, the book feels personal and tailored for you, the reader. Her words are simple, and her message is easy to comprehend.

Illustrations are things I associate with children's books. I can't recall ever reading an illustrated adult book on a serious subject. So it surprised me when I realized the book has illustrated pages. Still, I think it's a smart move by the author. Nothing emphasizes coming to God as children better than colourful and fun images, just like in children's books.

The book is a religious text that is peppered with biblical references. It will appeal most to Christians. It's a reminder of God's eternal love and ever outstretched hands, beckoning and welcoming His children whenever they come to Him.

I enjoyed every aspect of the book. Its message, the illustrations and the author's writing style. The execution is sheer brilliance. Also, the editing is flawless. Therefore, I rate it 4 out of 4 stars.

Is God In Your Yard
View: on Bookshelves
Amanda I
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amanda-i.html
Latest Review: Brand Real by Vasken Kalayjian

Post by Amanda I »

It certainly does appeal to me. Often times, we go through situations that make us wonder if God is still there. I would love to read this book. Amazing review!
Chinaza Nnabuenyi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 117
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chinaza-nnabuenyi.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Chinaza Nnabuenyi »

The source of true peace is God. I love this review. Good job.
Ntombifuthi Londi
Currently Reading: The Legacy of Job's Wife
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ntombifuthi-londi.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Ntombifuthi Londi »

The images in the adult book have piqued my interest. God is the God of all beings, and his will is to benefit us rather than to hurt us. The book appears to be quite appealing to me, and I intend to add it to my library. Great review
RHD
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rhd.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by RHD »

This one seems like a must read, especially for Christians of today. Sita Moore must have been reaching out to someone out there, and she did an awesome job, according to your review. Great work, Michelle Fred!
omar yasser 1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by omar yasser 1 »

The source of true peace is God. I love this review. Good job.
Humera955
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: The Fourth Kinetic
Bookshelf Size: 52
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-humera955.html
Latest Review: Smart Love by Vincent Fudge II
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by Humera955 »

We need this kind of books in this difficult times to get inspired.
Great review🍀
:tiphat:
Salah bourouba
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Jane Austen
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 141
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-salah-bourouba.html
Latest Review: The Magician's Secret by Charles Townsend
fav_author_id: 2379

Post by Salah bourouba »

the only message that is the same for all religions is to follow god and trust his fate, interesting book, great review
Recite in the name of your Lord who created [*] Created man from a clinging substance [*] Recite, and your Lord is the most Generous [*] Who taught by the pen [*] Taught man that which he knew not.
The Quran. Surah Al Alaq

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”