Review of Rosa, a Survivor from Terrorism

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Miriam nkere
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-miriam-nkere.html
Latest Review: Rosa, a Survivor from Terrorism by Dan Verin

Review of Rosa, a Survivor from Terrorism

Post by Miriam nkere »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Rosa, a Survivor from Terrorism" by Dan Verin.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

If you were a lady, what would you do if you found yourself amidst terrorists? Rosa, a Survivor from Terrorism by Daniel J. Verin tells us the life story of Rosa Vasquez from when she was a little child. The book is full of suspense and romance.

Rosa Vasquez is a young lady born a week after her father, Tarik, died. Although she was poor, fatherless, and mocked in school, that didn't stop her from being strong and tough like her mum. As time went by, Rosa was now the Director of National Antiquities at the University of Algiers and was in charge of prehistoric rock paintings in the desert. Rosa's last expedition was to the rock paintings at Tassili N’Ajjer in the Sahara Desert before her retirement in 2013. She went with two young Algerian Ph.D. students and a young British lady. They did the work with ease that they got it done in 4 days and were ready to return to Algiers. On their way to Amenas airfield, they were attacked by terrorists. What is their fate with the terrorists? How did their survival become a reality?

‌I enjoyed many aspects of this book. The author's creative writing skill is exceptional and commendable. What I like most is how suspenseful the book is. It is intriguing and will keep readers glued to their seats till the end. The scene where Rosa, two young Algerian Ph.D. students, and a young British lady went on an expedition to Tassili N’Ajjer in the Sahara Desert is breathtaking. Their experience was both strange and terrifying.

The character development is wonderfully done. Rosa Vasquez is a beautiful, young, and lovable woman who was determined, and that fetched her a Ph.D. in ethnology at age 18 as an archaeologist. Doña Consuelo played a motherly role in the life of Rosa. She was accommodating and always available when she needed her. Another wonderful character is Carlos, a mailman. Carlos fell in love with Rosa Vasquez without minding her secrets and was there for her throughout her trying times. Readers would also enjoy how the author narrated the events. The description of events was fascinating and relatable.

I loved everything about this 142-page book. The author opened our eyes to how heartless terrorists could be. Readers would also learn to be focused, irrespective of what they go through, like the protagonist. I did not dislike anything about the book, and I found no grammatical errors in it. Hence, I am happy to rate the book 4 out of 4 stars. I highly recommend this book to those who enjoy fiction stories about terrorism, especially those with resilient female protagonists.

Rosa, a Survivor from Terrorism
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Pearl Thomas
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pearl-thomas.html
Latest Review: There and Back There Again by Andrew Alsup

Post by Pearl Thomas »

Rosa is such an inspiring character. Reading such stories helps me feel bolder myself. Great review!
Astral Magi
Favorite Book: Name of the Wind
Currently Reading: Crossroads
Bookshelf Size: 523
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-astral-magi.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer

Post by Astral Magi »

Strong female roles are in demand and Rosa fits the role perfectly. Thank you for a great review.
🕉Be Here Now⌛
Edit_or
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-edit-or.html
Latest Review: Always Strive to Be a Better You by Pete Hall

Post by Edit_or »

Sounds interesting. I wonder how they survived. I love already. Good review.
Recee Ann
Currently Reading: Purges of the Soul
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-recee-ann.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Recee Ann »

Rosa seems like a tough girl. People like her really inspire me and push me to moving forward to accomplish my goals.
Samantha Simoneau
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 240
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-samantha-simoneau.html
Latest Review: Dancing With Jesus by Allison Broughton
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by Samantha Simoneau »

I enjoy archaeology and suspenseful stories, so this one sounds interesting. Thank you for the review!
Samantha Simoneau

“But upon the stage of life, while conscience claps, let the world hiss! On the contrary if conscience disapproves, the loudest applauses of the world are of little value."
~John Adams :greetings-clapyellow:
Paluk Pathania
Favorite Book: Pride and Prejudice
Currently Reading: All the Light We Cannot See
Bookshelf Size: 62
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-paluk-pathania.html
Latest Review: Bitcoin Answered by Jon Law

Post by Paluk Pathania »

Hat's off to Rosa ! What a brave heart she has! Thanks for an interesting review, I'm really looking forward to the book .^^
Luchris_michael
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-luchris-michael.html
Latest Review: Rulers of the Galaxy by Tayma Tameem

Post by Luchris_michael »

Rosa is an interesting character filled with vigour. I would love to read the book. Good review.
Gabriella1997
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gabriella1997.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by Gabriella1997 »

I think Rosa in an interesting character,surviving terror is not an easy predicament, beautiful review.
Chinaza Nnabuenyi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 117
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chinaza-nnabuenyi.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Chinaza Nnabuenyi »

This an adventurous romance and suspense story that will be intriguing to read. Nice review.
Humera955
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: The Fourth Kinetic
Bookshelf Size: 52
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-humera955.html
Latest Review: Smart Love by Vincent Fudge II
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by Humera955 »

Story like sounds inspirational. And roza is an amazing character as described by the reveiw🍀
:tiphat:

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”