Review of Four Kittens in the Bathroom

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Emily_Jen
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 78
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emily-jen.html
Latest Review: Social Media Marketing Strategy by S. M. H. Gibson

Review of Four Kittens in the Bathroom

Post by Emily_Jen »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Four Kittens in the Bathroom" by DL Sevic.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Arlene is one special person that is always ready to help other people in need. She lives with her husband, Dan. They are retired and spend their time taking care of their 48-year-old home. Arlene loves to feed the birds that visit their home daily. Recently, they notice that some stray cats hunt the birds in their backyard. Arlene figures that the cats would not hunt the birds if they are not hungry. She decides to feed the cats.

What looked like two problems solved creates a new problem when the cats start procreating. If the new kittens are going to have a chance at being domestic cats, Dan and Arlene would have to act fast to capture them. Meanwhile, they also have to find a way to stop the big cats from populating the neighborhood. However, it is easier said than done. Will the retired couple succeed with their plans? Read Four Kittens in the Bathroom by DL Sevic to find an answer to the previous question and more.

In this book, we see how the desire to stay busy, even after retirement, gave the author and his wife, Arlene, the opportunity to live this story. One thing that stood out for me in this story is Arlene's compassionate attitude. I was attached to her throughout the book because of how willing she was to extend a helping hand to the animals she came across, even when it wasn’t convenient.

Another thing I like about the book is the first-person narrative style that the author employed in telling the story. Because of this, I was able to see everything that happened with the kittens through his eyes, as well as feel the emotions he and Arlene felt at different points in the story.

Additionally, the author tells the story in simple English that is easy to understand, even for non-native English speakers. I think this is important because the experience they had is one that many people would want to witness, and because of the use of simple English, more people now have an opportunity to appreciate the content of this book.

The vivid illustrations of the cats were also nice to see. Cats are adorable creatures, and I was pleased to see several paintings of them. The painting I love the most is the one where some of the kittens were wrapped up in a pile of toilet paper. Moreover, the editing of this book is professional; I found only three errors in the text.

The only thing I don’t like about the 53-page publication is that the size of the text is too small. As a result, I had to strain my eyes or zoom into the page to see clearly. Nonetheless, I don’t think that is a reason for me to rate the book any less than 4 out of 4 stars. The novel was engaging, and I finished it in one sitting. Although this book is the author’s experience, it can be read like a fiction story. I recommend the book to people that are interested in cat stories. Also, readers that are looking for a good story should check this one out. Happy reading!

Four Kittens in the Bathroom
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Honest-reviewer
Currently Reading: The Lost Symbol
Bookshelf Size: 119
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-honest-reviewer.html
Latest Review: Sip Lake by joseph basara

Post by Honest-reviewer »

This book seems interesting. Cats are cute! I definitely want to read this book. Thanks for your wonderful review!
Edit_or
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-edit-or.html
Latest Review: Always Strive to Be a Better You by Pete Hall

Post by Edit_or »

I can imagine trying to solve a problem and end up creating more. Nice story though. Thank you!
Amy Luman
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: 2084
Bookshelf Size: 1015
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-luman.html
Latest Review: Zona II by Fred G. Baker
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Amy Luman »

I don’t think I’d like this book. I do know, however, that cats procreate rapidly and if something is not done many, many kittens will result. Thanks for the review.
Gabriella1997
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gabriella1997.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by Gabriella1997 »

Taking care of animals isn't an easy task, I hope to read more about this book to know how Arlene coped with the challenges, thanks for the honest review.

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”