Review of At the End of the Day

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
BookBoyP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookboyp.html
Latest Review: Purges of the Soul by Cathy S Birn

Review of At the End of the Day

Post by BookBoyP »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "At the End of the Day" by Judy Condon.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

In At the End of the Day by Judy Condon, Joel, a man from a small Caribbean Island, takes us through his life journey as he navigates a rough childhood and living in bad conditions. The book title is borne out of the promise Joel made to a lovely lady who came to his rescue. We are taken through his entire childhood from his dad named Luis being a shady criminal who always dragged Joel into his activities to his mum Sofia who was always angry and found numerous reasons to always punish him. Joel lived a miserable life till Whitney met him.

Whitney and her husband, named Trent, usually visited the Island as tourists until they finally decided to relocate from the United States of America to the Island permanently. Whitney employed Luis to do the work needed to build their accommodation. Through these events, Whitney got to meet Joel and see how badly he was treated. Whitney started helping Joel with his school work and tried to help change the bad behavior he had acquired over the years from his dad and the people on the Island. They impacted so much good in his life that Joel promised Whitney to be there when she was old and had no one. Was Joel able to turn over a new leaf? Was Joel able to turn around his bad academic performances? Was Joel able to keep the promise he made to Whitney?

This book, written in the third-person point of view, is explicitly detailed. I loved how the author was able to write the book from each character's different point of view. However, this created something I did not really like, as it felt like repetition to me most times. My favorite part of the book was comparing a good story to a hamburger where the top and bottom buns were regarded as the beginning and end of the story, respectively, while the middle part (patty) was the best.

There is quite a lot to learn from this story, as it captures a few thought-provoking situations. If all kids were afforded the same conditions, they would live happier, and I think the world will become a better place to live. The book is professionally edited, although there were words that felt like errors but as I kept reading, it turned out that it was just the way people spoke on the Island. Apart from those words, I did not have any issues reading the book. In the course of reading the book, I did not find any grammatical or editing error.

At the End of the Day by Judy Condon deserves a maximum rating of four out of four stars. It passes a message of hope to anyone wishing their life could get better, encouraging them not to give up. I would recommend this book to fans of non-fiction novels.

At the End of the Day
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Nkgchidimma080
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nkgchidimma080.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by Nkgchidimma080 »

The book is full of encouragement,especially to those who has seen the worst in life,not to ever give up,Whitney was a blessing to Joel’s life,the review was self explanatory and understandable,kudos to the writer.
Astral Magi
Favorite Book: Name of the Wind
Currently Reading: Crossroads
Bookshelf Size: 523
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-astral-magi.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer

Post by Astral Magi »

Sounds like an awesome read and I will have to read it now because I am curious to know whether Joel manages to turn his life around.
Thank you for a great review.
🕉Be Here Now⌛
Precious DA
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-precious-da.html
Latest Review: Rise of the Savior by Antoine Bonner

Post by Precious DA »

Excellent review! I would love to see if Joel manages to turn his life for the better.
Deiborrothy
Favorite Author: OSIDEIN Oluwaseun 'Deybor
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
fav_author_id: 227883

Post by Deiborrothy »

I would absolutely and expressly recommend this book "At the End of the Day by Judy Condon" for use in Colleges and every higher schools. Whitney really mirrors out kids destiny- friends who would not let them go the more astray even if lots are going wrong about them. Whitney really helps undo what has been wrongly impacted in Joel. I'm sure with Whitney around, the future would be brighter.
RHD
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rhd.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by RHD »

At the end of the day, non-fiction works are real and raw. This, in turn, makes them page-turners. Thank you for such an in-depth review, BookBoyP!
Priya_Singh
Currently Reading: Adrift
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-priya-singh.html
Latest Review: The Magician's Secret by Charles Townsend

Post by Priya_Singh »

It is rawness of the book that makes it more interesting read. I love how author used the island words to make it more realistic. Thank you for your wonderful review.🌻🌼
Chiwelite O
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 64
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chiwelite-o.html
Latest Review: The Water Bear by Groucho Jones

Post by Chiwelite O »

I love the way the author passed messages and life lessons across by telling a story. I am curious to know if Joel turned out fine. Thank you for this beautiful review!
Favour AN
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-favour-an.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Favour AN »

We need more of Whitney's and Trent's in this world. Lovely thing they did for Joel. I can't wait to read the book!
Amy Luman
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: 2084
Bookshelf Size: 1015
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-luman.html
Latest Review: Zona II by Fred G. Baker

Post by Amy Luman »

I’m truly interested in this book. Whitney and Trent seem to really be able to help when it’s needed. Thanks for the review.
Ntombifuthi Londi
Currently Reading: The Legacy of Job's Wife
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ntombifuthi-londi.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Ntombifuthi Londi »

I'd be lying if I claimed I wasn't curious to see if Joel has turned a fresh page in his life. The review is fantastic, and I'll be adding the book to my library.
collinsogw555
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-collinsogw555.html
Latest Review: Bama Boy by Bobby Morrison

Post by collinsogw555 »

The title got my attention, you convinced me to read this book, thanks for your review.
Deprise Evans
Favorite Author: Francine Rivers
Currently Reading: Crazy Love
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-deprise-evans.html
Latest Review: The Spirit of Want by William H. Coles
fav_author_id: 6456

Post by Deprise Evans »

The book sounds like an inspiring and encouraging read. Thank you for your review!
Aan Granados
Currently Reading: Massacre Rocks
Bookshelf Size: 873
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aan-granados.html
Latest Review: The Vanished by Pejay Bradley

Post by Aan Granados »

I love these kinds of stories. I hope Joel did good in the end. Thanks for your review.
Clare Jose
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Let's Pretend This Never Happened
Currently Reading: Pride and Prejudice
Bookshelf Size: 196
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-clare-jose.html
Latest Review: Not Fishy Enough by Briton Kolber

Post by Clare Jose »

Today's book seems like a lovely, heart-warming read. I love stories like this, so I hope I get to read this.
Thank you for your review!
Life is short, break the rules, forgive quickly, kiss slowly, love truly, laugh uncontrollably, and never regret anything that made you smile."

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”