Review of The Allergic Boy Versus The Left-Handed Girl

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Peace Odii
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 140
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-peace-odii.html
Latest Review: Justin's Quest by Winsome Board

Review of The Allergic Boy Versus The Left-Handed Girl

Post by Peace Odii »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Allergic Boy Versus The Left-Handed Girl" by Michael Kun.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

There is no harm in believing in a thing or fighting for something to come through. If, in the end, you lose, there will at least be a fulfillment of having tried. This is what we see in the life of Jimmy Nail.

This book, The Allergic Boy Versus The Left-Handed Girl by Michael Kun is a fictional story that talks about the ordeals and story of a writer, Jimmy Nail. The author takes the reader through the life of a distraught, angry, and very allergic character who gets outsmarted by his classmates. This would consequently lead to losing an important document. Jimmy spends a better part of his life seeking justice, presenting evidence that will uncover the truth and possibly make amends with his old friend. This journey is all but smooth as Jimmy encounters a lot of obstacles, losses, and failures. Michael presents this book as a case where Jimmy is seeking justice with plausible and striking pieces of evidence, leaving the reader as somewhat the final judge.

Is Jimmy on the right path? Jimmy appeared to have met with some characters in this book, especially Poopy Fowler. But can Jimmy's connection with some of this book's characters prove him right and help him defeat this influential, extraordinary author and friend turned enemy?

With precise words, rhetorical questions, excerpts, and compelling pieces of evidence, I liked how the author allowed us to feel and emotionally connect with the character of Jimmy. This connection is almost irresistible. The case is somewhat presented to the reader as a better and unbiased judge, and of course, with a verdict better than that of the former judge. What will your judgment be about Jimmy if you were the judge?

The positive part for me in this book was how the author created an emotional connection between the reader and the characters; he engulfed the reader with the almost exact emotions of the characters. Reading this book, I thought Jimmy was telling his story directly to me, and I remember answering some rhetorical questions. Also, I felt how helpless Jimmy Nail was, as I wanted to help. Generally, I also think that the author did justice to the book's title in the contents. As a title that already showed comparison and difference, one would expect to see a tussle. Michael Kun showed just that.

I would rate this book 3 out of 4 stars because I noticed some pages lacked page numbering. But I found an error; hence, I wouldn't further reduce the rating. It still seems professionally edited. Apart from the issue of page numbers, there was nothing I could consider negative in the whole book.

I recommend this book to authors and writers so that the need for proper writing ethics could be emphasized. Also, to legal practitioners, to see the need for appropriate evidence and fair verdicts.

The Allergic Boy Versus The Left-Handed Girl
View: on Bookshelves
Omark
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Omark »

I like the starting part of the author .i like fictional story . like this . it is interesting and emotionally.i think the book was written very well I will add this to list.this good and great reviews.

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”