Review of No Reezon

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
markodim721
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 482
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-markodim721.html
Latest Review: The Solution is Political Revolution by Jillion R Rising

Review of No Reezon

Post by markodim721 »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "No Reezon" by Tara Falling Douglas.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The book No Reezon: Live without Motive by Tara Falling-Douglas, although it is a short read, will not leave anyone indifferent. This unique mixture of manifesto for improving the quality of life and guide is characterized by an informal and direct style of addressing the readership.

The book is divided into three parts. In the first introductory part, the author explains her motives for writing the book. Stress, lack of free time, will, motivation, alienation of modern man, too much reliance on digital technology and the constant pursuit of success at any cost leave unforeseeable consequences for each of us. The second part is organized in such a way as to present a program of removal from the negative influences of the modern way of life. For each of the 31 days, the author offers readers activities and attitudes that they should implement in order to improve their own and other people's lives. It is usually about fifteen different ideas for each day, while the focus on the good, unconditional love, and gratitude are constant values that should be practiced every day. The last part of the book is dedicated to summarizing the effects of life without motives. Of the several cited sayings, "Life is like flowing water, full of potential" I liked the most. The last few pages of the book are left blank as part of a section called Note to yourself.

What I really like about No Reezon: Live without Motive is its informality and immediacy. In my humble opinion, such an approach, in this case, can give the best results. By small acts of daily kindness, helpfulness towards others, and doing good deeds, in accordance with the possibilities, we change ourselves and make the world around us better. Emphasizing the primordial good and distancing oneself from the motives in the background is the essence of all efforts. The book is logically organized which makes it easy to read. I believe that the author's idea was to write a book that readers will always be happy to return to. The book is professionally edited and contains no errors.

The only minor objection I have about the book No Reezon: Live without Motive is its orientation primarily to American readers. Nevertheless, most of the ideas presented represent universal values applicable on all continents.

With all of the above in mind, deciding how to rate No Reezon: Live without Motive was very easy. My final judgment is to rate the book with four out of four stars. A direct approach, focusing on the essential good, improving the quality of one's own life, and making the world a better place are the basic qualities of this timeless book.

I recommend the book to all people who feel like they are losing control of their lives, readers who want to go back to the time when they lived carefree, students who want to find their peaceful oasis in the midst of demanding obligations, business people whose meaning of life has turned into an endless series of deadlines and targets. Because of one of the proposed ideas that says to take a pig as a pet, I am not sure that this book would be the right choice for adherents of religions that consider this animal unclean.

No Reezon
View: on Bookshelves
Hannah Fabro
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hannah-fabro.html
Latest Review: Last Dance by Stephen Manning

Post by Hannah Fabro »

We all need this type of book. A book that'll boost and shape us to be a better person. The book and your review are both fascinating.
markodim721
Currently Reading:

Post by markodim721 »

Hannah Fabro wrote: 23 Jul 2021, 08:35 We all need this type of book. A book that'll boost and shape us to be a better person. The book and your review are both fascinating.
Thank you very much for the kind words. I'm glad if my review contributed to your interest in the book.
Mayur Arjune
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mayur-arjune.html
Latest Review: The Pro-Achievement Principle by Dr. Deborah Bright

Post by Mayur Arjune »

The book is full of motivation and that motivation I see in the review as well. The review is honning hard.
markodim721
Currently Reading:

Post by markodim721 »

Mayur Arjune wrote: 24 Jul 2021, 12:37 The book is full of motivation and that motivation I see in the review as well. The review is honning hard.
I like the relaxed approach to life that the book advocates. I think we all need it, in a certain dose. Thanks for stopping by.
Ldpuff
Currently Reading: Josh and Hazel's Guide to Not Dating
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ldpuff.html
Latest Review: The Merriest, The Beariest Bears by Doreen M. Atkinson

Post by Ldpuff »

This is actually a book that I would consider reading. I think our lives today could definitely use a little less modernization.
Kaushiki Parihar
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 82
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kaushiki-parihar.html
Latest Review: Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula by R.F. Kristi

Post by Kaushiki Parihar »

The book seems to be a self-help book. It is nice that the book is logically structured. Great review!
Prisallen
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 233
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prisallen.html
Latest Review: Nirvatra by April Thomas

Post by Prisallen »

In this day where there is so much stress, this book would come in handy. I particularly would like to read about how to destress your life. Thanks for your informative and well-written review!
markodim721
Currently Reading:

Post by markodim721 »

Ldpuff wrote: 24 Jul 2021, 19:16 This is actually a book that I would consider reading. I think our lives today could definitely use a little less modernization.
I agree, today we live life in sixth gear and that is not good.
markodim721
Currently Reading:

Post by markodim721 »

Kaushiki Parihar wrote: 24 Jul 2021, 21:02 The book seems to be a self-help book. It is nice that the book is logically structured. Great review!
I really enjoyed the book. Although short it says so much. Thanks for stopping by.
markodim721
Currently Reading:

Post by markodim721 »

Prisallen wrote: 25 Jul 2021, 08:06 In this day where there is so much stress, this book would come in handy. I particularly would like to read about how to destress your life. Thanks for your informative and well-written review!
You said the essence. I'm glad you liked my review. Thanks for stopping by.
Mary Lou Mills
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: Kalayla
Currently Reading: The Buffalo Soldier
Bookshelf Size: 78
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mary-lou-mills.html
Latest Review: Permaculture for the Absolute Beginner by Dawn Raynes
2024 Reading Goal: 50
2024 Goal Completion: 8%

Post by Mary Lou Mills »

Your review has enticed me to look this book up and read it.
Precious Naiti
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-precious-naiti.html
Latest Review: Randy the Irresistible by S M Goodier

Post by Precious Naiti »

This book seems like one i would greatly benefit from as a person. It seems like the kind of book you can encourage others to read too. Thank you for a great review.
Sanju Lali
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Goodbye, Rudy Kazoody
Bookshelf Size: 445
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sanju-lali.html
Latest Review: The Unfakeable Code® by Tony Jeton Selimi
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by Sanju Lali »

The modern way of life as mentioned in your review looks something interesting to read and see what it means. Thanks for your insightful review. I may look for this book to read.
life is only knowing the unknown, we can do this by reading books easily- Online book club is a great place for this. This is what I believe.
Sanju Lali
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Goodbye, Rudy Kazoody
Bookshelf Size: 445
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sanju-lali.html
Latest Review: The Unfakeable Code® by Tony Jeton Selimi
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by Sanju Lali »

The modern way of life is something interesting to read. I will see what it means. Thanks for your insightful review. I should be reading this book soon.
life is only knowing the unknown, we can do this by reading books easily- Online book club is a great place for this. This is what I believe.

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”