Review of Scars of a Woman

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
El_limitless
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 67
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-el-limitless.html
Latest Review: Public Hostage Public Ransom by William Bronston MD

Review of Scars of a Woman

Post by El_limitless »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Scars of a Woman" by Tonyia J Bailey.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The book Scars of a Woman is a fiction novel written by Tonyia J Bailey. The book tells the story of Armah, who lost her mother to an armed robbery attack at a very young age. On the night of the unfortunate incident, her dad was out drinking in his usual fashion. Life became tough after she lost her mother. Her stepmother made her life difficult. She was exposed to the worst form of physical and verbal abuse known to anyone in her environment in the hands of her stepmother and her children. Her father looked away the whole time.

A couple who seemed to have pure intentions came to her village and asked to take Armah to the city to serve as a nanny to their son. They promised to take good care of her and provide her with a better life in the city. Armah was overjoyed by this news. What became of Armah in the city? Were the intentions of the couple that took her with them to the city really pure? Find out by reading this interesting story.

The book has a lot of positive points. I loved that the author, through Armah's story, highlighted the living conditions a lot of women are subjected to, not just in Africa but in different other parts of the world. I love the author's writing style. The plot of the story was well arranged. I loved the sequential flow of events and the occasional flashbacks, making for an interesting read. The book will take the reader on a rollercoaster of emotions.

The book was professionally edited. I found a few errors in it, but they were not enough to take anything away from my enjoyment of the book. Consequently, I rate the book 4 out of 4 stars. I didn't give the book a lower rating because it was an enjoyable work of fiction.

I did not appreciate the hyperbolic elements in the book. While I agree that a lot of women go through a lot of negative experiences in life, I feel the author exaggerated those experiences in this book. I didn't feel there was a need for that.

I recommend the book to lovers of intriguing fiction novels focused on women and the excruciatingly painful conditions they are often subjected to by society. Lovers of dark fiction may also find this book interesting because it had a lot of dark sides to it.

The book contains a lot of graphic details. Readers who do not like graphic details may pass on the book.

The book also contains a lot of sexual details. Children are advised against reading it.

Scars of a Woman
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on Smashwords
Aarti Jha
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aarti-jha.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Aarti Jha »

Its good that you mentioned the book having some features of a dark fiction. Anything written about the things women are subjected to always seems relatable. Thanks for the detailed review.
Ngozi Onyibor
Member of the Month
Favorite Book: Sugar & Spice
Currently Reading: The Wizard of Fire
Bookshelf Size: 175
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ngozi-onyibor.html
Latest Review: The Man In the cafe by Michael J Pilkington

Post by Ngozi Onyibor »

I hope Armah's life improves for the better. Sadly, my current mood doesn't allow for a book so intense. Thanks for your review.
k_madhu_jha
Currently Reading: There's a Rooster in My Bathroom!
Bookshelf Size: 54
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-k-madhu-jha.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer

Post by k_madhu_jha »

Seems relatable. Good review, a good book I guess.
Kira Bonita Reece
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading: The Toki-Girl and the Sparrow-Boy, Box Set
Bookshelf Size: 358
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kira-bonita-reece.html
Latest Review: Starboard Eight by Brian Casey

Post by Kira Bonita Reece »

It's hard for a young girl to live without her mother, especially if she is being treated badly by a stepmother. This story seems quite realistic. Thanks for sharing your thoughts
Astral Magi
Favorite Book: Name of the Wind
Currently Reading: Crossroads
Bookshelf Size: 523
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-astral-magi.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer

Post by Astral Magi »

Arma sure had a hard time. Thanks for a great review.
🕉Be Here Now⌛

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”