Review of Cynthia and Dan

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Tetei Brown
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tetei-brown.html
Latest Review: The Biblical Clock by Daniel Friedmann and Dania Sheldon

Review of Cynthia and Dan

Post by Tetei Brown »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Cynthia and Dan" by Dorothy May Mercer.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Cynthia is stuck in a traffic jam one afternoon. On exiting her car to go investigate the cause of the traffic, she discovers that the drone that landed on the lawn of the White House has something to do with it. That is the first time she met Sky. She immediately finds him appealing. He goes ahead to sweep her off her feet and offer her a stunning romantic experience. But how will she juggle her latest affair with her relationship with Dan? If she is forced to choose between both men, will she settle for the thrill that comes with Sky? Or will she settle for stability and concrete promises with Dan seeing as they have been an item for a couple of years?

Cynthia and Dan: Cyber War, a book written by Dorothy May Mercer, is not all romance and fluffy stuff. It also shows a story that techies will find interesting. Cynthia also happens to manage a private investigation firm with her brother. In need of more hands to facilitate a faster and smoother job of investigating and hacking into sites of enemies of the United States, they employ two college students that are adept at coding and ethical hacking. Shortly after their recruitment, the universe presents them with a challenge. Using their many techy skills, they decode a plan to hurt the president. They must act fast before these enemies of America carry out their well-calculated plan.

Cynthia and Dan: Cyber War has so many features (that one who likes romance and sci-fi or tech novels) would love. First, I will like to say that the idea that this romance story will be enjoyed by just women is largely untrue. I have never subscribed to the school of thought that romance is for women only. I think that both male and female readers will find the love story and the rollercoaster of emotions that accompany it interesting.

Readers who are sensitive to or dislike the thought of abortion may not want to read this novel. I say this because a tryst between two characters led to an unwanted pregnancy and with that came the thoughts, plans, and talks of ways to remove the pregnancy (if the characters decided that they were not ready to be parents). Personally, I do not have any problems with that. I did not feel a bit uncomfortable. But those who are totally against the idea or consider speaking of it a taboo will be massively triggered by this book.

I will like to say that Cynthia and Dan: Cyber War is flawless in the plot, editing, and suspense. I did not dislike a thing in it, but I liked one feature the most. That is the mysterious Sky. He is a man whose name and face background checks did not turn up a single thing result. I constantly wondered whether I will be gifted with the knowledge of what or who he was. And I was. He turned out to be the least expected person. It also turned out that he had been hiding in plain sight all along and I had seen him more times than I realized in the course of the story. I loved how Dorothy May Mercer unveiled the identity of this character much later in the book. It was epic.

Four out of four stars is the rating that I have decided to award Cynthia and Dan: Cyber War. Like I said above, I did not dislike anything in it. It is also a book that was exceptionally edited. It is filled with thrilling suspense and it is packed with enough actions that find their way into my dreams at night. I love this book. And so I recommend it to a mature audience that want an interesting romance and action-packed novel

Cynthia and Dan
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Lily_flower_the_reader
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lily-flower-the-reader.html
Latest Review: Play Golf Better Faster: From Weekend Golfer to Pro Golfer in Two Years by Kalliope Barlis

Post by Lily_flower_the_reader »

I didn't really expect to see the character 'Sky' as a character you liked but I agree with you as I found him quite fascinating.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”