Review of Words Kill

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
That Reviewer
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 218
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-that-reviewer.html
Latest Review: Unspoken Things The Inlightenment by Wilfred Thomas

Review of Words Kill

Post by That Reviewer »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Words Kill" by David Myles Robinson.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Words Kill tells the story of a man named Russell Blaze. When he passes by a woman who looks like someone from his past, he launches an investigation to know if she's the same person. The investigation unearths secrets someone else wants to be buried and that someone will do everything to keep such secrets buried. Russel gets involved in an accident and dies in the process. It is concluded that he slept off while driving. His son, Cody, discovers a letter that resurrects unanswered questions. Is there something about Russel's accident that isn't clear? Don't conclude yet; you'll be shocked at what you find in this gripping and thrilling tale.

I lack words to describe how fantastic this story is. David Myles Robinson has a way with words that keeps the reader captivated with the book from its beginning. He constantly backtracks into Russell's past and back to the present without creating confusion. I found myself flowing with the story and was captivated by every detail of Russell's story.

One detail in the book which intrigued me was the surprising twists in the overall plot. I wouldn't go into details to avoid giving away spoilers, but I must say that there were so many unexpected outcomes. I made a lot of assumptions that were shattered as the story unfolded. I'd advise readers to flow with the narrative, as any attempt to conjure theories will be met with shock and surprise.

Another detail that made the book stand out for me was the detailed description of events in the book. Giving details of Russell's early life up to his death helped me understand certain aspects of the book, like why Leo turned out the way he did.

There was suspense smeared all over the narrative, starting from when Cody discovered Russell's letter to the point where the story ended. It made the book intriguing, as I was always so curious to know what happens next in the story that I couldn't drop the book. The high point in the book came with its ending. The author ended the story with a cliffhanger, and right now, I'm anticipating a sequel.

I have no real issue with the book, as there are only a few minor errors. However, the number of grammar issues isn't enough to fault the book. I give Words Kill a perfect rating of 4 out of 4 stars. If mystery is your thing, I highly recommend the book to you. There's enough thrill to get your blood to pump twice as fast.

Words Kill
View: on Bookshelves

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”