Review of Toxic Beer

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Njokime
Favorite Book: Worldlines
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 58
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-njokime.html
Latest Review: Homo Technica by Stephan Collina

Review of Toxic Beer

Post by Njokime »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Toxic Beer" by Simon bullock.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

It has been a while since I have read such a funny book. Toxic Beer by Simon Bullock is a book I enjoyed from the word go. This story is about aliens who had accidentally happened upon our planet. They had to make this stop to fix the ship and get rid of all the toxic waste before they could finally set course and go home. The engine seemed to produce more toxic waste than the pump could handle. Harry was designated the task of being the chief engineer, and his work was to find a way to fix the ship. Harry had to delegate some tasks to his fellow aliens. The weird part is that they had found a way to sell the toxic waste as beer to humans.

If you are a fan of drama and comedy, this is your go-to book. This book is easy and fun to read. Most sci-fi stories are too complicated to follow, but this one is so engaging and easy to enjoy. Simon Bullock has done an excellent job writing this book, and his sense of humor is outstanding. The characters I enjoyed reading the most were Chase and Dave. These characters were entertaining, and they always managed to screw up all the plans. I like alien stories and movies, and that is why I chose to read this book. I am not disappointed. What I liked most about this book is how the story flows effortlessly chapter after chapter. The sense of humor will make you enjoy this book. I found the storyline exceptional. The aliens could drink anything that smelled of alcohol, and they traveled through every different galaxy and planet for booze. This story makes you question the existence of aliens since they could camouflage and fit in. It was impossible to differentiate them from humans.

There is nothing I disliked about this book. The editing was professional, the errors were just a few, and they could not hinder the enjoyment of this book. I like how the author did not complicate the story by explaining a lot about space or the spaceships. For people who want to enjoy a good alien story without technical explanations, this is your go-to book.

I would highly recommend this book to young adults and adults who are interested in sci-fi stories. Toxic Beer is full of humor, drama, and action.

I award this book a rating of 4 out of 4 stars because the flow of the story was fantastic and easy to understand.

Toxic Beer
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Victor Kilyungi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-victor-kilyungi.html
Latest Review: A Fate Unwound Too Soon by anna-karen sorensen

Post by Victor Kilyungi »

I love to laugh. (Who doesn't?) I think this would be a perfect fit for me. Thank you for this awesome review.
sunny4life
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sunny4life.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by sunny4life »

The story, and the review definitely had me on the hook by the time I was paragraph in. Would love to read this.
Nancy Morara
Currently Reading: We are voulhire
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nancy-morara.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings

Post by Nancy Morara »

Your review is very nice. Very detailed. I would like to the book based on your review.
El_limitless
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 67
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-el-limitless.html
Latest Review: Public Hostage Public Ransom by William Bronston MD

Post by El_limitless »

A book about aliens stopping by on planet earth for an assignment wouldn't appeal to me on a typical day, but your review draws me into this one I'll check it out. Great review.
Urvashi Tripathi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 121
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-urvashi-tripathi.html
Latest Review: The Different Kinds Of Monsters by Seth Chambers

Post by Urvashi Tripathi »

This book seems to be an humorous. Your review caught my attention. It's an new concept that aliens being funny and they always managed to screw up all their plans. I'm gonna pick this book for sure. Thank you for your amazing review.

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”