Official Review: You Are Designed to be Successful

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Howlan
Favorite Book: Looking for Alaska
Currently Reading: War Graves
Bookshelf Size: 122
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-howlan.html
Latest Review: The Soviet Comeback by Jamie Smith

Official Review: You Are Designed to be Successful

Post by Howlan »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "You Are Designed to be Successful" by Freddie Floyd Jr.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

You Are Designed to be Successful by Freddie Floyd Jr. is a non-fiction book focused on improving our current lives. It provides us with six pieces of advice to help us improve and grow as a person. Each of these pieces of advice is rooted in having faith in our Creator. The author believes that following God's teachings and principles will make us a better person. It covers moral concepts such as forgiveness, faith, repentance and charity.

This book is heavily motivated by the Bible, so readers adhering to Christianity will get a better perspective, especially on the Bible stories mentioned in this book. Otherwise, the principles mentioned are universal and can be applied to any religion. The teachings mentioned are pretty straightforward and can be easily used in real life. Simple activities like helping others without asking for anything in return is something that any righteous person can relate to. Also, there are phrases and short stories from the Bible to prove the author's point.

I like this book in how it feels like a short sermon given by your local pastor. It is just forty pages long, and all the chapters are short and to the point. The author does not unnecessarily wander around a single concept but balances things out. For example, he makes his point quickly in chapter two, where he talks about faith and explains in detail how our decisions can affect others in chapter four.

The narration in this book is also pretty good. It is primarily conversational, and all points that the author wanted to make were easy to understand. As this book is brief, the content does not feel repetitive and is enjoyable to read.

A complaint I have about this book is the lack of originality I felt while reading it. There are lots of books similar to this which delivers the same message. It isn't easy to distinguish this one from the rest as it fails to leave an impression on the readers.

I found four significant typos while reading this book. Considering that this book is only forty pages, those were a little distracting. I suggest another proofreading to eliminate these errors. Overall, I rate this book 3 out of 4 stars. One star is deducted for the typos and the shortage of originality. However, it is an excellent book on moral values to help you grow as a person. It has no profanity or anything that readers might get offended with. I recommend this book to readers of all age groups, especially those in self-doubt, to read this book as I feel this will be a valuable reading experience.

You Are Designed to be Successful
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
David Wasukira
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by David Wasukira »

Actually it's good to read it can make you focus in your mind that sure there by is God,this one of the most important thing which will make away for people to generate in life
David Wasukira
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by David Wasukira »

Some times we fear because we don't seek for light buy reading books like this, but we think God for the opportunity we have this.

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”