Review by Dylan Bawo -- Strong Heart by Charlie Sheldon

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Dylan Bawo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dylan-bawo.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Review by Dylan Bawo -- Strong Heart by Charlie Sheldon

Post by Dylan Bawo »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Strong Heart" by Charlie Sheldon.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Tom experiences the shock of his life when he opens the door to find Sarah, the granddaughter he never knew he had, waiting for him to invite her inside. His friends, William and Myra, convince him to take her along with them on their journey to visit Tom’s father’s grave in the Olympic Peninsula. A day into the trip sees Sarah go missing. While her grandfather, his friends, and a search party search for her in the mountains, she supernaturally gets physically transported to the past. There, she is captured and is forced to follow her captors on their journey back to their home on the other end of the sea. She sees people die, learns her captors’ way of life, and tries her best to be useful to the team lest they kill her.

Charlie Sheldon managed to write a novel that teaches the importance of family bonding to its readers. This book that is titled Strong Heart gave me little lessons on Native America, extinct creatures, and the way most of our ancestors that lived during the ice age lived and traveled. It opened my eyes to some of the things they did. For instance, some kidnapped women to make wives out of them because wives were scarce then. I also enjoyed the blood-pumping action and suspense that peppered some scenes in the book.

The author excelled at writing so much that he made me able to visualize characters and events written about. I am short of words to describe how I feel about this book. I can only say that this book is perfect and I do not regret reading it one bit. As for dislikes, there is really none for me.

The pace at which the plot was developed made it easy to follow and understand the story being told. I did not see any typographical or grammatical errors in the whole book. I also liked the lesson on the importance of family that was taught. That aside, the book was engaging enough and filled with enough suspense to keep me guessing the outcome of events. It was a great read to me. I give it a rating of four out of four stars for those reasons.

This book is suitable for readers that are fans of adventure novels. However, there is a lot of death and killing in the book, so I would not recommend that sensitive readers read this book. If you can stomach scenes like that, then pick up the book and allow Charlie Sheldon to take you on a magical journey of discovery.

Strong Heart
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”