Official Review: Will You Still Love Me?

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Nzube Chizoba Okeke
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 445
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nzube-chizoba-okeke.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD

Official Review: Will You Still Love Me?

Post by Nzube Chizoba Okeke »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Will You Still Love Me?" by Kernyce Karen Kindred.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Charles Douglas Monroe is a character that suddenly decides to mask his identity. This brings Elisabeth and her girls to a breaking point. Charles, the husband of Elisabeth and father to Natalie and Ashley, suddenly abandons his family without any trace. To complicate matters, Elisabeth is fired from work and loses her parents to carbon monoxide infiltration. To not let the girls feel the weight of the losses, Elisabeth takes them to Merriam, Kansas City, to stay with the family of Pastor George and Mrs. Linda, her sister. From there, she begins to find ways around the situation. But the devil is not out of the way. Elisabeth loses their house at Wylie, Texas, to a fire outbreak. How will they survive all these? Will Charles ever return to his family? Let's find out from Will You Still Love Me? by Kernyce Karen Kindred.

This book tells an engaging story that keeps you turning the pages from start to finish. The drama, which unfolds at the crisis stage, sets the reader on edge. When you get to the end of the book, you will flip the back cover hoping the story continues. The story is that exciting.

Not only does the storyline of the text interest the reader, but also the choice of words and the arrangement of the plots are things to acknowledge. How one incident gives rise to the other in a logical and sequential order shows the creative prowess of Karen. The drama builds seamlessly until the climax, from the loss of a job that leads Elisabeth and the girls into the Samuels family to the fire incident that gives them no hope of any home again.

Epiphany is one element that embellishes the plot of the book. How Karen uses this element at the meeting point of the extended family of the Monroes is remarkable.

Similar to epiphany and before that is the ability of the author to manage dramatic, situational, and verbal ironies tactically. Dramatic ironies abound in the case of Elisabeth and Charles, as Elisabeth is ignorant of what the audience knows. Her conversations with Q, mistaking Jasper Court for Jesus Christ, and a host of other instances lend credence to the excellence of this masterpiece. Indeed, Karen did laudable work in this text.

However, traces of slight flaws can be located on some pages of this narrative. Wylie is mistaken for Wiley, and Suzie is written as Susie on several occasions. There were also a plethora of grammatical errors that riddled the book. For these reasons, I will rate this dramatic text 3 out of 4 stars.

That notwithstanding, I encourage anyone, despite the age or sex, to have a copy of this book, especially if you enjoy highly dramatic stories. However, there are aspects of this book that promote Christianity and its practices. Though they don't take away from the universal nature of the story, non-Christians should be aware of this element in the book.

Will You Still Love Me?
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Pallavi Lakra
Currently Reading: Apotheosis Now
Bookshelf Size: 44

Post by Pallavi Lakra »

The character sure had to face a lot of challenges withe kids and her married life as well. Thanks for the amazing review!
The_Vivian
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-the-vivian.html
Latest Review: Shield Down by William de Berg

Post by The_Vivian »

Thanks for this wonderful review. I have not read the book yet, but I must say that I am already invested. Thumbs up.
markodim721
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 482
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-markodim721.html
Latest Review: The Solution is Political Revolution by Jillion R Rising

Post by markodim721 »

Congratulations to the author for inserting the tension into the pages of the book. This is certainly not easy to do.
Thakur1
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Thakur1 »

Yes good there is so many challanges for the Elisabeth after losing everything but he faced all it.

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”