Official Review: Parenting by Elizabeth Len Wai

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Oyedeji Okikioluwa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 964
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-orizon.html
Latest Review: Proverbs 4:7 by Gaidi

Official Review: Parenting by Elizabeth Len Wai

Post by Oyedeji Okikioluwa »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Parenting" by Elizabeth Len Wai.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Are you aware that parenting can be likened to flying a kite? Parenting is a 13-chapter book by Elizabeth Len Wai. The book portrayed the right parenting behaviors to readers while discussing qualities such as love, honesty, truth, and discipline.

The book highlighted the duties involved in parenting. It details the parent's responsibilities to their children and what parents should expect from their children. It then discussed forgiveness and its importance. The author also explained the importance of truth and honesty, the good news of God's unwavering love, the meaning of dedication and baptism, and then encouraged readers to rely on God. She discussed grandparenting, the silly things said in the act, and then likened parenting to flying a kite. As a parent, do you need to acquire knowledge on the best way to nurture your children? Then grab a copy of this book to get what you need and more.

The accurate Bible references show it is a well-researched book. They confirmed the author's teachings as thrilling and inspiring. The author's experiences and opportunity of growing up in a multigenerational home did well in enriching the book. Elizabeth Len Wai enjoyed love as a kid, which she encouraged other parents to emulate. I enjoyed the book's diction, as they were spiritual and motivational. It was also simple and easy to understand.

I admire moral values such as honesty, love, forgiveness, faith, and responsibility expressed in the book. Words in the book were a charge and motivation to parents to be their best and do their best in training their children to the topmost standard of both God and society. The part of the book where the author urged parents to "make them (children) the center of your world and the focus of your attention" said it all.

Another part of the book that touched me was when the author explained that God gets hurt when we sin because we will have to face our actions' consequences. There is nothing I dislike in the book. Although I found a few grammatical errors, they did not impede my reading experience. The book exceeded its primary purpose of educating, and I enjoyed the time spent on it. Therefore, I rate it 4 out of 4 stars.

In conclusion, I recommended this book to Christian homes and parents. I would also recommend it to all adults as there would be a time in our lives when we would become parents or guardians, and lessons picked from this book could be helpful.

Parenting
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Latest Review: Proverbs 4:7 by Gaidi

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”