Official Review: Kill The Grackles! by Edmund T Calvin

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Praise GodWord
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 172
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-praise-godword.html
Latest Review: Retirement Planning by William C. Evergreen

Official Review: Kill The Grackles! by Edmund T Calvin

Post by Praise GodWord »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Kill The Grackles!" by Edmund T Calvin.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Kill The Grackles! was written by a prolific writer, Edmund T. Calvin. Ho Lee's ship was attacked by a notorious group of modern-day pirates headed by a Somali Warlord named Ciid Fiidka. He was involved in all kinds of criminal acts. He was a pedophile, a drug dealer, and a murderer. After Ho Lee's ship was attacked by pirates, Mr. Chu referred him to someone that could solve this problem. Soon after, Thomas Martin was invited to save the situation, and he would summon his men like Abernathy, Bennett, and others to solve this issue. Did they succeed in their mission since Ciid Fiidka was also planning his own agenda?

One of the problems with offshore industries is that you will have to deal with pirates and other personalities focused on engaging in some criminal acts. What I particularly considered positive about this book was that it was full of action moments. Most parts of the story were packed with action, especially when they were engaging in battle with pirates.

Similarly, I loved the character of Abernathy and Bennett because they were well trained snipers. I started loving these two characters when they were introduced to the plot. The author, Edmund, was brilliant in developing his characters. The characters of Abernathy and Bennett represented the military nature of snipers. They were trained to be patient and careful.

For me, I feel readers will greatly enjoy the character of Thomas and his story. His leadership was remarkable. I focused on his relationship with his crew members most of the time, and I was not disappointed because it was also enjoyable to read about them. Their presence in the story created humorous moments.

Another thing I loved about this book was that it was very descriptive and engaging. Some elements of suspense were entangled in the plot. I felt the tension each time they would face the pirates. But the outcome of their mission is left for the reader to find out.

There was only one issue I considered negative in this book. I would recommend that the author maintains consistency in the spelling of some names in the book. For instance, Nguyen's name was misspelled in several places in the book. Apart from this aspect, there was nothing else that disturbed me in this book.

The book seemed edited professionally, as I found some errors. These errors did not hinder my enjoyment of the book. Hence, I rate it 4 out of 4 stars. I recommend this book to readers who enjoy stories about pirates. Likewise, if you love reading action-packed books, this book will suit you too.

Kill The Grackles!
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
El_limitless
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 67
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-el-limitless.html
Latest Review: Public Hostage Public Ransom by William Bronston MD

Post by El_limitless »

Interesting plot. I'd love to know how Mr Thomas' and Ciid Fiidka's missions clashed, and what the outcome was. Great review.
Pallavi Lakra
Currently Reading: Apotheosis Now
Bookshelf Size: 44

Post by Pallavi Lakra »

I haven't read books based on pirates yet. But your review of the book makes it sound like it's going to get me hooked right from the start. Interesting review.
Becca Olsson
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 87
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-becca-olsson.html
Latest Review: Animal Village by Nelda LaTeef

Post by Becca Olsson »

I love when an author can develop characters so well that you’re attached to them as soon as they’re introduced. Thanks for the great review!

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”