Official Review: Find Someone To Love by Divya Sood

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
MayorE
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mayore.html
Latest Review: Remarkably Intact by Celia Belt

Official Review: Find Someone To Love by Divya Sood

Post by MayorE »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Find Someone To Love" by Divya Sood.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Find Someone To Love by Divya Sood is a story filled with love, sadness, hurt, and imagination. Priya is a young optician from India, living in New York. A former love from the past, Leyla, comes back into Priya’s life after seventeen years when a new optometrist is employed at 20/20 her place of work.

Priya is satisfied with her life in New York and has a cordial relationship with her boss, Sam, and colleague, Ed. She has a series of conversations with them. But in her head, memories travel back and forth from India to New York, telling us about Priya’s past life and her relationship with her cousin, Prem, who has just committed suicide. Priya met Leyla in college, and they quickly became the best of friends, with Priya having secret emotions for Leyla. Leyla is now married to a talented artist, Raza, and Priya is filled with jealousy and imagination of her and Leyla. They became close friends again while working at 20/20. Will this rekindled friendship lead to something more or destroy the little friendship they have left? Will Priya stand a chance to be with her long-lost love? Pick up this book to get answers to these questions.

Find Someone To Love is a short read of 240 standard pages and is written from the first person’s point of view. Because of the shift in timelines between the past and present, it takes time to get used to the book, but once you get used to it, you begin to enjoy the book. It exploits the power of past actions and how it affects our present and future. I commend the author for her writing style. The book is well written, with every line containing an important detail that requires the reader to pay apt attention. Ms. Sood wrote in simple words with a touch of reality, bringing the characters to life.

At first, I was very curious as to the path the story would take, but it ended differently than I imagined, and I must say that I like the way it ended. I must commend the author for ending the story in such an appealing way. It stunned me, and I would not want it to end any other way. I also enjoyed Layla’s character throughout the book. The way she faced the challenges life threw at her in a gentle but reasonable way was worthy of emulation. And that's what I liked most about the book.

The only thing I disliked about the book was Priya's role in the beginning because I felt she was obsessed, but subsequently, my dislike turned into pity. I believe other readers may love her from the onset.

I rate this piece 3 out of 4 stars because of the errors I encountered. There were mild instances of profanity in the book. I recommend this book to young adults and people that are or have been in love, as some might easily relate to it.

Find Someone To Love
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Kavita Shah
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Spellbound - The Workings of Drugtech
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 188
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kavita-shah.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Kavita Shah »

Good Review. I am not sure about the story though.
MayorE
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mayore.html
Latest Review: Remarkably Intact by Celia Belt

Post by MayorE »

Kavita Shah wrote: 28 Apr 2021, 00:58 Good Review. I am not sure about the story though.
Thank you
Mwatu
Currently Reading: Don't Mind Me, I'm Just Having a Bad Life
Bookshelf Size: 52
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mwatu.html
Latest Review: Protectors of the Black Prince by Curtis Stephen Burdick

Post by Mwatu »

It is interesting how our past sometimes crops up in our present. The author seems to have done a good job in portraying that in the book. Thank you for a lovely review!
Becca Olsson
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 87
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-becca-olsson.html
Latest Review: Animal Village by Nelda LaTeef

Post by Becca Olsson »

You’ve got me interested to see how it ends. Thanks for the honest review!
John Owen
Currently Reading: Baggage
Bookshelf Size: 155
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-john-owen.html
Latest Review: All Body Bags and No Knickers by Shawe Ruckus
2024 Reading Goal: 52
2024 Goal Completion: 123%

Post by John Owen »

I think I'll pass on this book. I'm finding it hard to understand the story line. Great review!
Harmony in chaos. It's all a matter of perspective.
Sou Hi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 154
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sou-hi.html
Latest Review: Project Tau by Jude Austin

Post by Sou Hi »

Thanks for your interesting review. Priya's love for her friend, Leyla, seems like a forbidden one. I wonder if she will be able to brace herself and let Leyla know her feelings.
Marcel Cantu
Currently Reading: Under Another Sun
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marcel-cantu.html
Latest Review: Elizabeth's Garden by Phillip Leighton-Daly

Post by Marcel Cantu »

Great review! This sounds like a complex and emotional story.
markodim721
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 482
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-markodim721.html
Latest Review: The Solution is Political Revolution by Jillion R Rising

Post by markodim721 »

I like the elegant simplicity of the book. Thanks for the good review.
Prisallen
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 233
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prisallen.html
Latest Review: Nirvatra by April Thomas

Post by Prisallen »

I hope Priya finds her own love. Thank you for your wonderful review!

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”