Official Review: Destiny Love Jones: Vol. 1 of 7 "si...

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Oyedeji Okikioluwa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 964
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-orizon.html
Latest Review: Proverbs 4:7 by Gaidi

Official Review: Destiny Love Jones: Vol. 1 of 7 "si...

Post by Oyedeji Okikioluwa »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Destiny Love Jones: Vol. 1 of 7 "sisters and the plight with boys"" by N. R. White.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Destiny Love Jones is an interesting novel by N.R. White. It portrays different family generations and how boys were usually the cause of major disputes amongst them. The book is the first in the series, and it discusses themes such as friendship, betrayals, family feuds, racial segregation, and love.

Three inseparable sisters, Holly, Pearl, and Augustine, became vulnerable when boys got into their lives, causing disagreement between them. This bitter experience makes them agree not to cross each other path anymore. However, fate brought them back together when their children fell in love with each other. Their families were compelled to approve their marriage despite the continued disagreement. What caused the dispute between the sisters? What do you propose to be the end of the story? Read this book to find out the answers and more.

I loved that the characters were well developed. Each character had their unique personality. I admired the concept of sisterhood showcased through Holly, Pearl, Augustine, and other sisters. It is interesting to watch them laugh, fight and conquer odds. N.R. White also used definite descriptive words, such as renowned, local, honorably, and so on, to pinpoint the differences in the family’s background, appearance, and status.

Another fascinating thing about the book was its plot. It maintained suspense despite being written chronologically. Every subheading, such as the issues with Olivia's family, Noble's secret, Tiffany's alcoholism, Eugene's true dreams, and others, were all amazing, and my desire to know how each of them ended kept me reading. The author was also able to link all the subheadings to form a solid and excellent plot. The actions of boys like Philip, Romeo, Rodrick, Eugene, and others, with their effect on the girls, brought me down memory lane to other challenges most of us faced in high school. It was quite relatable.

Therefore, based on the positive points mentioned above, I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. The book was also void of any errors which depict professional editing. My favorite part of the book was when Phillip, Olivia’s boyfriend, played a video of Faith rapping instead of what he had intended. It was hilarious imagining the disappointed and perplexed look that would describe his face.

There is nothing I dislike about the book, as the language was simple and easy to understand. I recommend Destiny Love Jones to lovers of fictional novels. Also, just like the author wrote, “This book is for every girl, young lady, and woman struggling to be seen, heard, loved and protected.” I agree with her.

Destiny Love Jones: Vol. 1 of 7 "sisters and the plight with boys"
View: on Bookshelves
Latest Review: Proverbs 4:7 by Gaidi
GoodLuck ES
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-goodluck-es.html
Latest Review: Always Before Me by John Servant

Post by GoodLuck ES »

It'll be interesting to know how the sisters were able to give their blessings and consent to such marriages. I'm already in love with the story line.

Great review
Stephanie Elizabeth
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies
Bookshelf Size: 212
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stephanie-elizabeth.html
Latest Review: Do You Remember Me? by Wm M Crouch

Post by Stephanie Elizabeth »

I wonder if the sisters were able to put the past behind them and move on. Thanks for the lovely review!
Suzer6440 xyz
Favorite Book: Pearl River Mansion
Currently Reading: Five Total Strangers
Bookshelf Size: 201
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-suzer6440-xyz.html
Latest Review: The Maestro Monologue by Rob White

Post by Suzer6440 xyz »

Looks like a very good book. I’d love to find out how this dispute affected the family . Thanks for the fantastic summary. I enjoyed reading it.
Becca Olsson
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 87
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-becca-olsson.html
Latest Review: Animal Village by Nelda LaTeef

Post by Becca Olsson »

Thanks for the great review! This sounds like a fun book to escape with while also tackling familial problems
Kavita Shah
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Spellbound - The Workings of Drugtech
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 188
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kavita-shah.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Kavita Shah »

Great Review. It's a nice story, and all girls may read it if they want to.

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”