Official Review: Dolphins Don’t Run Marathons

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Nikolas Farmakis
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 285
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nickolas-farmakis.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Official Review: Dolphins Don’t Run Marathons

Post by Nikolas Farmakis »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Dolphins Don’t Run Marathons" by Sam Brand.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Dolphins Don't Run Marathons by Sam Brand is a non-fiction book about the downsides of running marathons. The author introduces the reader to other types of sports and exercises, suggesting to him/her that he/she must be happy and enjoy life. The tone in the text is simple, casual, and slightly humorous, thereby creating a light-hearted atmosphere in the book.

The author begins by identifying three types of animals that represent the human population. Human ants are hard-working people who enjoy running marathons and exercising to the point of misery. Chimpanzees are more intelligent, but they prefer to go for a coffee instead of exercising. Human dolphins know how to balance having fun and exercising, as they do fun sports, such as kayaking or swimming. The author continues by giving tips to marathon runners, highlighting his own experiences as a marathon runner in the New York City Marathon. He talks about the night before his marathon, which was stressful, as he was not able to sleep well. He spent some time out with his friends, but he was not enjoying himself, as he was focused on the marathon the next day.

There were numerous enjoyable elements in this guide. Firstly, the author shared many of his personal experiences in the book, which validated the advice he gave, adding a sense of originality and authenticity to the text. Furthermore, the book was professionally edited, as I only saw a single error in the entire guide. What I liked most about the book was that it had a humorous and fun tone, as the author added clever jokes to the text to make it more interesting and exciting.

What I disliked most about this guide was that it was slightly dull and monotonous, as the author frequently repeated himself.

This book will be useful to marathon runners, as they will see marathon running from a different perspective. It is a short, enjoyable, and fun book to read, so I recommend it to readers who want to read a relaxing, humorous, light-hearted book. There is some profanity, as well as some references to sex, thus I do not recommend this book to young readers. Readers of all religions, including non-religion, may enjoy this guide.

To conclude, I rate this book with 3 out of 4 stars. I removed a star from the rating due to the repetitive nature of the book. I could not justify a lower score, as this book was well edited, humorously written, and originally compiled.

Dolphins Don’t Run Marathons
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Enock Lupiya
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Enock Lupiya »

It seems to be a great book with good writing. The presentation is excellent!
El_limitless
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 67
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-el-limitless.html
Latest Review: Public Hostage Public Ransom by William Bronston MD

Post by El_limitless »

Being a lover of sports and exercises, I would really love to find out what the other alternatives the author preferred are. Great review.

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”