Review by Bradley D -- The Narrow Gate by John Servant

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Bradley D
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bradley-d.html
Latest Review: Ironing by Navajo

Review by Bradley D -- The Narrow Gate by John Servant

Post by Bradley D »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Narrow Gate" by John Servant.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The Narrow Gate by John Servant is the Christian fiction story of the once famous senator Joe Jay. In this story, the author has shown how people can go down for their temporal life. The story of this book is about if life gives a man a second chance. John Kelly, an award-winning reporter, was asked to cover a story about the life of once-famous senator Joe Jay, who was then fighting to the death. When John went to the hospital, he saw a nun praying next to him. It was at this moment that the story of Joe’s past began.

Coming from a poor and troubled family, Joe Jay somehow finished his education with the help of his high school principal, Sister Francis. After becoming a lawyer, a local party offered Joe a position as a district attorney. Joe couldn’t help but accept the offer. From then on, Joe’s journey as a politician began. Soon he was moving towards one success after another. But the more successful he was as a politician, the more he went down as a man. The darkness of politics was swallowing him up. His success was so important to him that he did not even care about his family. Sister Francis warned him about his wrong decisions. But of course, he didn’t listen to anyone. However, Joe soon realized his mistakes. What would he do now? How would he come back from this track? Would life give him a second chance?

After reading this book, I felt it was not a story but a reality. I had been able to relate each of the characters of this story to real life. That is why my interest in the book increased. I like the way the author has shown people how to get better through Sister Francis’s character. Although Joe is the primary character in this story, I think Sister Francis’s character is an ideal human character. After reading the book, I found hope, which encouraged me to improve myself more. I like this thing the most. This book teaches people to think about each work’s effect, which I believe to be useful.

I am rating this book 4 out 4 stars. I think it’s hard to find the critical aspects of the book. In this book, the author has presented both the good and bad parts of every decision in life. I also did not find any offensive language in this book. So, I gave the book 4 stars.

Those who have made many mistakes in life but want to get back on track should read this book at least once. I would recommend those who are going to start a new chapter of life to read this book once before. However, there is a suicidal case. Sensitive readers should know about this matter. I think the book is truly helpful for finding yourself, improving yourself, and being aware of your work results.

The Narrow Gate
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Latest Review: Ironing by Navajo

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”