Review by rb75ah -- Wounded Angels by Chuck Miceli

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
rb75ah
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rb75ah.html
Latest Review: Wounded Angels by Chuck Miceli

Review by rb75ah -- Wounded Angels by Chuck Miceli

Post by rb75ah »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Wounded Angels" by Chuck Miceli.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Wounded Angels is a story about two women who were wounded. The wounds of one of the women were buried deep inside, the wounds of the other woman were fresh and on the surface. At first glance these women were not compatible and certainly would not have become friends. Chuck Miceli incorporated their lives together in such a way that not only did they become friends but Maureen Russo and Doris Cantrell became angels to each other and in the process both of them were healed.

I like the way this novel is written. The chapters are well organized and have a logical flow. Maureen Russo faced one obstacle after another and as I was reading the novel I began to wonder, what is going to happen to this woman next? She has moments of happiness, and then something happens to shatter the happiness. Although this novel is a bit of a roller-coaster, the ending is worth going on the ride. Chuck Miceli never used a theological term but as I read the book I could see how God was bringing people in and out of Maureen’s life to help her face the next challenge. At the end of the novel, I was smiling from ear to ear and shed tears of joy for Maureen. Another thing I enjoyed about Wounded Angels is the way characters were introduced and developed. Chuck Miceli did an excellent job of weaving each new character into the fabric of the novel. I was able to get to know and care about each character before the next new character was introduced.

I do not dislike anything about the way the novel was written as far as the story-line is concerned.

I rate this novel 4 out of 4 because it is an easy read with short chapters. The novel captures your attention from the first page, takes you on a ride then comes in for an excellent landing. I noticed a couple of typos and the way the chapters were titled was not always consistent. I do not feel either of these merited reducing the rating.

If you are looking for a novel where nothing bad ever happens, you may not enjoy Wounded Angels. On the other hand if you want to see how one woman deals with the ups and downs of life, fasten your seatbelt grab a copy and settle in for an enjoyable reading experience.

Wounded Angels
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”