Official Review: Journeys from the Viewing Pool

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Sam Ibeh
2021 Reading Goal: 100
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 153
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sam-ibeh.html
Latest Review: The Stolen Heir by Tayma Tameem

Official Review: Journeys from the Viewing Pool

Post by Sam Ibeh »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Journeys from the Viewing Pool" by William J Monihan.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

In Journeys from the Viewing Pool by William J. Monihan, we are introduced to Noadiah's story. Two undefined forms exist in contentment and harmony within a source until one (Iliana) decides to experience a different world called earth. She confines herself within the boundaries of space and time, experiences difficulties and challenges, and with that, she defines herself. Noadiah, the other half, is left behind. He feels alone and abandoned. To find out how to cope with these feelings, he meets several people who challenge him and help him discover and acknowledge all the facets of himself.

Through the long and lonely journeys that followed, the difficulties, the questions, and the confusing moments, he kept pressing on in the hope that he would one day be reunited with his beloved Iliana again. But in the search to find love, he seemingly lost himself. Could a broken man look within himself for the answers he needed? Would he ever find his love again?

This is one of the most unique and profound books I've read in a while. It has so many layers that I feel like there's still so much I haven't understood about it. In Noadiah's journeys, the reader can see reflections of themselves as well. The challenges he faces also force the reader to look deeper into themselves to question why they take certain decisions and who they become as a result. With each character, a part of the puzzle falls into place, and the reader can see the book taking shape.

The writing of this book was terrific; I was immersed in it. I looked forward to Noadiah's journeys and the lessons I could learn from them. The author carried me along in the narrative, and I could relate to the main character and understand the things he felt.

I was most impressed with the way the author created two different worlds and merged them smoothly. Usually, books written about worlds different from earth would contain some discrepancies, and many things wouldn't add up. However, in this book, everything flowed so smoothly that I gave no thought to what was real and what wasn't; I just enjoyed the story. The author wasn't trying to sell an idea with this book. He told the story and allowed me to be drawn into it. It was very realistic, and most of the scenes found their way to my heart.

I enjoyed reading this book, and I would love to give it a perfect rating. However, it was poorly edited. The grammatical structure was terrible, and there were many typographical errors. This was the only thing that reduced my enjoyment of the book. Therefore, I'd rate it 3 out of 4 stars. Anybody in search of a meaningful, beautifully written story would enjoy this book.

Journeys from the Viewing Pool
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on Smashwords
Nqobile771
2021 Reading Goal: 30
Favorite Book: Happy Healing
Currently Reading: Wilderness Cry
Bookshelf Size: 177
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nqobile771.html
Latest Review: The Mindset by Ace Bowers

Post by Nqobile771 »

Noadiah's journey sounds fascinating but I wonder if Iliana enjoyed earth and I wish to read about her experiences on earth. The book sounds interesting. Thanks, Sam.
Documented history is a gift from the past to the future! - NqobileM

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”