Official Review: The Iron Labyrinth by Merrilee

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
That Reviewer
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 119
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-that-reviewer.html
Latest Review: The Iron Labyrinth by Merrilee

Official Review: The Iron Labyrinth by Merrilee

Post by That Reviewer »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Iron Labyrinth" by Merrilee.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Everybody has a destiny, and not living it is to live a meaningless life. To fulfill destiny, you need to reach in and harness your potential. On this premise, The Iron Labyrinth by Merrilee Beckman is written.

The iron labyrinth is an underground kingdom ruled by an iron dragon called Uncle. It is a place where men living below their potential or not fulfilling their destiny are re-made and sent back into the earth to help other people reach their potentials. However, they'll have to be slaves to Uncle.

Brian was kidnapped and brought to the labyrinth by Uncle. Despite all of Uncle's antics, he refused to acknowledge Uncle as his king or be subjected to slavery. He was determined to find his way out of the labyrinth. Would he eventually bow to Uncle or find his way out?

This book has so many twists and turns to keep the reader going until the end. The characters are many but real and easy to remember. Though the characterizations are not unique, especially their description and personality, they are realistic and detailed.

I love how the storyline was structured. The story progressed seamlessly and interconnectedly. Each chapter was a continuation of the previous one; they were filled with clues contributing to the discoveries and adventures found in the book. The cliffhangers were also worthy of note, making the transitions smooth.

The book is fictional, but it engages the mind of the reader and offers great lessons. As I read the book, I got a more profound meaning to life — a sense of destiny. This is purely a work of inspiration and diligence. It's not often that you find a book with such a well-structured plot development. I love how the author combines creativity and hard work to birth this beautiful piece of writing.

The descriptions were detailed and graphic. I loved how the author made a skillful blend of both literal and figurative illustrations. They were thorough, interesting, and engaging. The author skillfully colored the reader's mind using words and fed their imagination with vivid descriptions of actions, places, and events.

There's absolutely nothing that I dislike about the book.

I must applaud the editors' work; they did a fantastic job of exceptionally editing the book. I found no errors in the entire book. I had to go back and frisk the book for errors. Well, I was pleasantly disappointed. Therefore, I'd give the book four out of four stars.

It is an excellent book for everyone, especially those that enjoy science fiction and parallel universe narratives.

The Iron Labyrinth
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Vannaskivt
Currently Reading: The Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes
Bookshelf Size: 803
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vannaskivt.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD

Post by Vannaskivt »

The descriptions in this book as well as the plot seem really interesting! I would enjoy this since it seems like it has a bit of a mystery to it plus interesting characters. Glad it was well edited too, still laughing at 'frisk the book for errors' :) Great review, thanks!
Mindful Wordsmith
2021 Reading Goal: 0
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Favorite Book: The Mysterious Affair at Styles
Currently Reading: The Mindset
Bookshelf Size: 53
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mindful-wordsmith.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by Mindful Wordsmith »

The fantasy-themed plot, the realistic characters and a story that teaches us life lessons seem like a very good combination for a novel.
Thanks for this detailed and wonderful review.
Imagination is a good servant, and a bad master. - Agatha Christie
Jenniferg_1105
2021 Reading Goal: 20
Currently Reading: McDowell
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jenniferg-1105.html
Latest Review: Devil in False Colors by Jack Winnick

Post by Jenniferg_1105 »

Kidnapping and an underground kingdom! This sounds like an interesting and somewhat creepy story. I may need to check this one out.
“Isn’t it nice to think that tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it yet?” — L. M. Montgomery

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”