Official Review: Still Crazy by Judy Prescott Marshall

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
ayoomisope
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 126
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ayoomisope.html
Latest Review: Still Crazy by Judy Prescott Marshall

Official Review: Still Crazy by Judy Prescott Marshall

Post by ayoomisope »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Still Crazy" by Judy Prescott Marshall.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

“When two hearts are meant for each other, no distance is too far, no time is too long, and no other love can break them apart”—Cat Stevens.

Still Crazy by Judy Prescott Marshall is a beautiful and inspiring story about a woman who suffers from her husband’s infidelity and journeys to find and build a life without him.

Dan and Julie Holliday’s lives are the definitions of perfect. They have it all: a million-dollar business, properties (including a beautiful house), and a dog. Julie Holliday is the perfect wife; she is loving, beautiful, and loyal, with adoration for her husband, yet she is in constant fear that her husband and perfect life is all but a facade on the brink of collapse. She finds a letter on her husband’s office table and is terrified to read it, as it may confirm her suspicions that Dan may be cheating again! Every time she confronts him, he denies it and calls her crazy. Having had enough and determined to begin life afresh without a cheating husband and paranoia, Julie sells her properties, packs her bags, and disappears without a trace. Unbeknownst to her, her chapter with Dan is far from over because love may just have other plans for these two.

With her compelling style of writing, Judy draws readers in with such an honest and uplifting plot. The plot is noncomplex, and the narrative is engaging. Still Crazy is a work of art that has such originality to it. It not only reveals the reality of a supposedly perfect marriage and husband but also teaches that love that endures through the good, the bad, and the ugly times can change one, leaving one open-eyed to understand that the concept of matrimonial love comes with sacrifices and growth. Furthermore, the characters and dialogue feel real, and the story does not keep one guessing. The heartfelt ending was so unexpected and beautiful that it brought tears to my eyes. Besides the lessons of love, the main character, Julie, goes through a remarkable journey of development and spiritual growth that truly makes her character interesting. She demonstrates a great deal of strength, showing that humans are indeed the designers of their fate. The book serves as a guide for couples going into a new relationship, a manual for couples in a relationship, and a description of the legacy of those who have spent decades together and are still going strong.

I appreciate how well written this book is—from its interesting characters to how they love, cry, grow, and live in the beautiful show of friendship and enduring love. Although Still Crazy centers on Julie and Dan’s love story, I love how Judy gave us a glimpse into the lives of other characters. Also, it was refreshing to see Julie be so human, showing admirable strength one minute and weakness in another. Judy did justice in making her characters reflect such deep and relatable emotions.

I would have loved to see a glimpse of Dan during the period Julie left him. Moreover, at a point in the book, I felt the writer was going in circles. Julie kept wishing for her husband yet would not want him; it was a bit exhausting.

Nevertheless, I give Still Crazy a rating of 3 out of 4 stars because it is well written and properly edited. The work contains no grammatical errors and is, overall, a good book to read. It does contain mild profanities and sexual content, so it is not suitable for a younger audience. I recommend this book for lovers of romance novels.

Still Crazy
View: on Bookshelves
“Books are the quietest and most constant of friends; they are the most accessible and wisest of counselors, and the most patient of teachers.”
― Charles William Eliot
AnnieOgoo
2021 Reading Goal: 25
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-annieogoo.html
Latest Review: Serendipity Mystery: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi

Post by AnnieOgoo »

This is such a beautiful book, from the cove page to the story itself. I would love to read it if I get the chance.
You wrote a very fine review.
Live and let live, baby. :wink:
RHD
2021 Reading Goal: 30
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rhd.html
Latest Review: The Vanished by Pejay Bradley

Post by RHD »

This one is a truly realistic story. Marriage is beautiful, yet it has its fair share of issues. Many couples tend to focus on happy times and sweep the ugly under the rug. Thank you for your concise review 👌
AtienoMagero
2021 Reading Goal: 20
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-atienomagero.html
Latest Review: Soul Seeker by Kaylin McFarren

Post by AtienoMagero »

This seems like an interesting romance novel with a bit of a twist. I like the fact that it's realistic with the portrayal of marriage. Wonderful review!
Devalsodha
Currently Reading: Intwine
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-devalsodha.html
Latest Review: The Vanished by Pejay Bradley

Post by Devalsodha »

The book seems to be very interesting as it tells a story of a loving, beautiful and loyal woman.
Thats a wonderful review.

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”