Official Review: Xonarye by SHS

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Elvis Best
2021 Reading Goal: 50
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 86
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elvis-best.html
Latest Review: Teething Problems by Mark Fletcher

Official Review: Xonarye by SHS

Post by Elvis Best »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Xonarye" by SHS.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Xonarye: Australia, written by S.H.S., is the first book in the Xonarye series. Set in the modern world in the year 2019, the novel follows a nineteen-year-old boy, Leaf, on a quest to find a hidden country named Xonarye. Some dark forces, however, are determined to stop Leaf from succeeding in his quest. And to top it off, there is no information about Xonarye on the internet, as though it never even existed.

Overwhelmed by his quest, Leaf confides in his two closest friends, Summo and Spence. And together, they start an adventure of a lifetime. However, with unknown dark forces bent on stopping them, will Leaf and his friends succeed in their quest to discover Xonarye and restore it to its former glory? You have to read the book to find out.

All in all, I had fun reading Xonarye: Australia, as I enjoyed the sense of mystery in it. From the first page, the story had me hooked, and I kept turning the pages to satisfy my curiosity. I was also excited that the story was set in our modern world, with the characters making use of Google and other contemporary technologies.

Furthermore, I thoroughly enjoyed the author’s fun and descriptive writing, as it made the book easy to read. In fact, there was something particular about the author’s writing that always made me smile. Take, for example, the following sentence: “He has short blackish hair and ocean-blue eyes, with a smile that could get you out of the biggest hole or even melt a hardened heart.”

The one thing I liked most was the humor in the book. I especially enjoyed the banter between the characters, which made me laugh so often while reading. Also, there were some twists and turns that made the book more interesting and added to my enjoyment of the story.

Nonetheless, I had a few issues with Xonarye: Australia. First, it was rife with errors, and that greatly detracted from my reading experience. I also came across several confusing and incomplete sentences. Take the following sentence as an example: "Leaf pulled out his passport, driver’s licence, bank card handed them over to Wilford to check."

All things considered, I rate Xonarye: Australia 3 out of 4 stars. I deducted one star from the rating because of the issues mentioned above. Further, I do not believe it was professionally edited, as I found more than ten errors in it. There were some vulgar words also present. Lastly, I would recommend the book to young adults who enjoy adventure and mystery novels.

Xonarye
View: on Bookshelves
"People are like stained-glass windows. They sparkle and shine when the sun is out, but when the darkness sets in, their true beauty is revealed only if there is a light from within." -Elisabeth Kubler-Ross
Jennifer Aldo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jennifer-aldo.html
Latest Review: Crystals of Empire Trilogy by M. Poyhonen

Post by Jennifer Aldo »

This very descriptive review about Leaf's adventure and the search for Xonarye is great. Thanks.
Honest-reviewer
2021 Reading Goal: 50
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 63
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-honest-reviewer.html
Latest Review: Fish Wielder by J.R.R.R. (Jim) Hardison

Post by Honest-reviewer »

This story sounds interesting. I would like to know more about Leaf’s quest. Thanks for your brilliant review!
Raluca_Mihaila
2021 Reading Goal: 60
Favorite Book: The Brothers Karamazov
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 121
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-raluca-mihaila.html
Latest Review: Junk Drawer at the Edge of the Universe by Steven Reed Johnson

Post by Raluca_Mihaila »

It seems like an interesting book, but the editing should be easy to fix. Thank you for this great review!

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”