Official Review: Where Do I Go from Here?

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
SamaylaM
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 50
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-samaylam.html
Latest Review: Cast the First Stone by David James Warren

Official Review: Where Do I Go from Here?

Post by SamaylaM »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Where Do I Go from Here?" by Torrey C. Butler.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

As humans, it is natural for us to want a satisfying and healthy life. Each of us has our struggles and battles that we have to fight every day to live our lives to the fullest. But sometimes, we reach a position where we question ourselves – “Where does my journey continue from here?” The following book may guide us in understanding the answer to this question.

Where Do I Go from Here? by Torrey C. Butler is an authentic memoir and self-help book. The opening quote by the author is something worth mentioning. “Being me is easy. Becoming me wasn’t.” The author then takes us on his life journey - from his harsh and uncertain childhood to the opportunities and future he created for himself. He describes how others can provide negative influences when they do not know a better way of life. However, instead of being spiteful about it, staying true to oneself is vital, even when it is tough to do so. When we do that, we can achieve personal growth and positivity in our lives.

It honestly can be hard to find a book as raw as this one. One thing that I liked the most was how the author mentioned that one’s story need not be perfect to be inspirational. He stayed true to his words and gave us a glimpse into his life, unfiltered. He never denied his mistakes but embraced them with the philosophy that as much as he is responsible for his right choices, he is also responsible for his wrongs. The storytelling in this book was vivid, enjoyable, and slightly humorous here and there. The incorporation of the author’s childhood and memorable life events’ pictures was also a heartwarming part of the book.

On the other hand, while I liked that it was unfiltered and raw, there were several grammar errors in the book. They could easily be seen and therefore hampered my reading sometimes. Here, I would also mention that this book contains heavy profanities and hence, would not be a suitable read for the younger audiences.

To finish, I would rate Where Do I Go from Here? by Torrey C. Butler with 3 out of 4 stars. I deducted one star for the grammar errors I found. Other than that, the book was an enjoyable and emotional read within 150 pages. The author’s passion and never-ending will made it relatable and motivational to read. So, I recommend this book to people looking for a story that can change their outlook on negativity and allow them to take the reins of their lives.

Where Do I Go from Here?
View: on Bookshelves
Saint Bruno
2021 Reading Goal: 150
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 53
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-saint-bruno.html
Latest Review: I Love You All the Numbers by Eschani Taylor
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by Saint Bruno »

I can't remember how many times I have asked myself the same question as that of the book's title. I will check this book out. Thanks fie the wonderful review.
Tonze
Currently Reading: Don't Sweat the Small Stuff
Bookshelf Size: 71
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tonze.html
Latest Review: Happiness is All We Want! by Ashutosh Mishra

Post by Tonze »

Interesting book, I am fan of self-help book and this seems to be enjoyable! Thanks for your attractive review
SamaylaM
Currently Reading:

Post by SamaylaM »

Saint Bruno wrote: 03 Dec 2020, 03:20 I can't remember how many times I have asked myself the same question as that of the book's title. I will check this book out. Thanks fie the wonderful review.
You're welcome!
Hope you enjoy it! :)
SamaylaM
Currently Reading:

Post by SamaylaM »

Tonze wrote: 03 Dec 2020, 06:37 Interesting book, I am fan of self-help book and this seems to be enjoyable! Thanks for your attractive review
My pleasure!
Thanks for your nice comment! :D
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
2021 Reading Goal: 60
Currently Reading: Metropolitan
Bookshelf Size: 195
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: The Reality Games by Tom Reissmann

Post by NetMassimo »

An honest story of a man that, even through mistakes, reached great achievements. I hope the author does another round of proofreading to improve his book. Thank you for your terrific review!
Ciao :)
Massimo
Nqobile771
2021 Reading Goal: 30
Favorite Book: Happy Healing
Currently Reading: Wilderness Cry
Bookshelf Size: 177
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nqobile771.html
Latest Review: The Mindset by Ace Bowers

Post by Nqobile771 »

"Being me is easy. Becoming me wasn’t" - Profound! Thanks for sharing this book with us. It is worth a read. Great review.
Documented history is a gift from the past to the future! - NqobileM
Ellylion
Favorite Book: The Altitude Journals
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ellylion.html
Latest Review: Create the Life You Want by Raymond P. Gerson

Post by Ellylion »

Seems to be a very good self-help book based on the author's own experience. The humorous writing style is very appealing too :) Thank you for a great review!
Prisallen
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 152
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prisallen.html
Latest Review: The Truth in Hope by R.A. Simpson

Post by Prisallen »

I can think of so many people who would benefit from this book as they seem to blame others for their bad decisions. However, those are usually the people who wouldn't be interested in reading this. Thanks for your wonderful review.
raluca_mihaila
2021 Reading Goal: 60
Favorite Book: The Brothers Karamazov
Currently Reading: Return to Eternity
Bookshelf Size: 88
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-raluca-mihaila.html
Latest Review: The Not So Great American Novel by James E. Doucette

Post by raluca_mihaila »

It seems like a very educational book, since we all struggle with these questions, eventually. Thank you for your insightful review!
Abi_kanda
Currently Reading: Cynthia and Dan
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abi-kanda.html
Latest Review: Love, Grandma by Ann Morris

Post by Abi_kanda »

I am glad that the author is responsible for his wrongs. It seems like an interesting read. Great review!
SamaylaM
Currently Reading:

Post by SamaylaM »

NetMassimo wrote: 03 Dec 2020, 08:10 An honest story of a man that, even through mistakes, reached great achievements. I hope the author does another round of proofreading to improve his book. Thank you for your terrific review!
I hope so too.
Thank you very much for your comment!
:tiphat:
SamaylaM
Currently Reading:

Post by SamaylaM »

Nqobile771 wrote: 03 Dec 2020, 08:56 "Being me is easy. Becoming me wasn’t" - Profound! Thanks for sharing this book with us. It is worth a read. Great review.
Thank you for leaving a nice comment! :)
SamaylaM
Currently Reading:

Post by SamaylaM »

Ellylion wrote: 03 Dec 2020, 09:27 Seems to be a very good self-help book based on the author's own experience. The humorous writing style is very appealing too :) Thank you for a great review!
It sure was!
Thank you so much for reading my review! :D
SamaylaM
Currently Reading:

Post by SamaylaM »

Prisallen wrote: 03 Dec 2020, 09:28 I can think of so many people who would benefit from this book as they seem to blame others for their bad decisions. However, those are usually the people who wouldn't be interested in reading this. Thanks for your wonderful review.
I agree with your insight.
Thanks so much for stopping by with your comment! :D

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”